Chapter Forty Three

Story: Moira
Chapter Forty Three: Breaking Into Hogwarts

The silence that reigned after the explanation was too boring according to Harry. In fact, sleep was threatening to overcome him at that time but thankfully, Charlie spoke up.

"So you both are dangerous?"

Ginny laughed. "No! Our powers are dangerous and yes, this sleepy bloke beside me is dangerous. I am too innocent," she proclaimed. Harry shot her a dirty look before badly trying to veil his yawn by coughing.

"So. . . what should I do to help you?" Charlie asked, looking serious this time. Harry chose that moment to become alert. He sat up straight, almost pushing Ginny away in the process.

"We have to get into Hogwarts. This symbol is hopeless. We just can't find what it means. Its some sort of euphemism which is not there in any book," he explained. Charlie's eyebrows rose.

"Get into Hogwarts when it's break? That's impossible!" he protested.

"Everything is possible with me. All I need you to do is cover us when we do break in," Harry said in a firm tone that took no nonsense. Charlie frowned. "Tonight. We travel by Portkey to Hogsmeade. Ginny, I need that map you were talking about earlier. Is it with you?"

"It's with me. I asked Professor Lupin for it."

"Good. We might have to outpower the protective enchantments surrounding the Burrow. It won't be hard. Just a simple dark spell." The words of order tumbled out of Harry's mouth as if he had already done such tasks thousands of times before. "Charlie will have to erect them back. Bill might feel something as he is the secret keeper and so will your father. You must manage them. Can I expect you to do that, Charlie?" Harry asked. Charlie reluctantly looked at Ginny.

"It's for the greater good, brother. Worry not, I'll be okay. Can you help us this time?" she spoke softly with a pleading tone. Charlie sighed before nodding.

"Okay. J-just come back on time. I don't think I can keep everyone off of your whereabouts."

"Don't you worry about that. We have two more allies," Harry spoke, looking Ginny in the eye. They could see each other's fear and nervousness through their windows to the soul. "And they will help you. Help us. Help the world."

______________________

It was five past midnight when Harry, Ginny, Charlie, Draco and Astoria slowly creeped down to the living room. They managed to avoid all the creaking stairs thanks to Charlie's guidance. Charlie unlocked the door and the pair of adventuring teens stepped out onto the grassy lawn.

The wind hit their faces and sent a shiver down their spines, yet they stood relentlessly. The two of them, under dark and enchanted hoods, nodded to the three others and picked up a wrapper of an empty magical bubblegum.

"Good luck." That was all they heard Astoria say before there was a tug behind the navel. Harry found himself losing balance but managed to stand upright. Ginny, on the other hand, hit the ground with a hard thud. Before she could exclaim out in pain, Harry kept a finger to her lips and shushed her. He helped her up and together the pair made their way to the castle by a secret passage in Honeydukes.

_______________________

"How do we get in there?" he hissed in her ear.

"I have something." With a quick shuffle, she took out a transparent cloak and threw it over them.

"What about our feet? Surely people will find disembodied feet strange even in a magical world."

"Seriously, Harry? Can you do a disillusionment charm or not?"