Chapter Twenty Two

Story: Moira
Chapter Twenty Two: The Gringotts Visit

The weather was cold for it was the month of February. Eleventh to be precise. It was the day of the fake 'photo shoot' and Harry's nerves were growing increasingly. Ginny, on the other hand, looked cool and collected.

Dumbledore led the three champions to his office where a white screen was set up. After doing a real photo shoot, the cameramen left and Dumbledore looked at the three champions.

"I think the next task will feature using magic immensely, so I therefore," Dumbledore winked at Ginny who smiled back. "ask you to prepare well."

Ginny sent a non verbal stunning charm at Alarie and she collapsed onto the floor with a confused expression. Dumbledore looked at her with a sad smile.

"We will back soon, Miss Beaumont. Now, let's start a twinkling and thrilling adventure, shall we?"

____________

The chill breeze pinched their concealed faces as they Apparated into a dark alleyway in Diagon Alley. The tallest man nodded to follow him and the other two figures obliged. After a few minutes' walk, the trio were facing a marble building. They walked through the golden doors and entered the wizarding bank – Gringotts. The tall man nodded to a crooked nosed goblin and followed the same inside a rather dark cavern. A lone little cart stood on the railing.

___________

Several minutes after a thrilling ride, the hooded trio stood facing two huge golden doors. Decorative patterns were carved intricately onto the golden plates which emnated a shiny glow.

The tallest of the three nodded to the other two as the goblin stepped back into the cart. The two figures walked to the door, then placed their right hands and their wands on the surface of the golden plating. The glow suddenly became blinding to everyone but them.

"Aren't you coming in?" a deep, magically modified voice of the two asked. The tallest shook his head.

"Only those capable can go through."

The hooded duo walked in and the door shut behind them. Removing their hoods, the only dark objects in the marble vault, they looked at each other.

"This is . . ." Ginny started.

"Stunning, given the fact that it was constructed centuries ago? I know," Harry completed for the awestruck girl. The marble vault rose high, its ceiling carved with more flowery patterns. Pillars erupted on all the four corners, towering magnificently above them and casting long shadows. The vault, if it could not be addressed as a hall, was beautifully built with the edge of artistic minds. Harry and Ginny walked further to find three golden doors.

"Which one do you reckon we go through, first?" Ginny asked, her eyes moving rapidly between the three doors.

Harry assessed the doors before speaking. "I say the left. Right is always more preferred, so it might contain dangerous artifacts. The middle is a common, vulnerable choice."

"Your thinking is far beyond me," Ginny complimented and they took the left door. It clicked open with a light creak to reveal a cozy looking room which unsurprisingly looked similar to the Gryffindor common room. However, there was a master sized bed in the middle of it.

"Er – did they sleep in the vaults?" Harry asked looking perplexed. Ginny shrugged.

"Maybe it was their house before it became a bank?" Ginny questioned as an answer.

"Who's – oh!" a deep voice spoke. "So thou both art finally here after years! I was beginning to worry thou would never come."

Harry and Ginny looked up to see a golden framed portrait housing a bubbly yet courageous looking man with brown eyes and beard. He looked at them with a warm smile. He was wearing a scarlet red robe which was lined with gold at the helm. His choice of colours revealed his identity.