Chapter Twenty Five

Story: Moira
Chapter Twenty Five: The Cursed Tiara

As promised, Ginny met up with Harry that Saturday, the fourteenth, for their date at Hogsmeade. However, he looked really distressed instead of happy.

The weather was moderately cold as the February breeze pinched their exposed cheeks. Ginny was wearing her sweatshirt and her jeans instead of dress robes. Harry was in no formal dress either with a blue shirt and black jacket to go along with his jeans.

Fortunately, the duo had managed to keep the past few days away from their friends by spending time either in the library under the pretext of learning new spells for the final task or spending time with each other. They were still annoyed for the way their words came out but long since gave up the irritation at each other.

"Brr. . . what do thou reckon keeping dates at 'tis cold weather?!" Ginny asked. Harry shrugged. Despite the cold weather, he was perspiring. "Anything bothering thou, my Lord?" she asked as they boarded a carriage together.

"Nay. Nothing, m'lady."

They silently gazed out at the passing sceneries, not even uttering a word until they clambered down the carriage after reaching the bubbling wizarding village of Hogsmeade.

Shops had been specially designed, for love was in the air. Many students of the upper years were holding hands and talking loudly as if they would never see each other again.

Mixed with the white snow, Ginny could see several shades of red and pink on the displays of the shops. Wanting to visit Honeydukes first, she suggested the idea to a nonchalant Harry who agreed. They entered the highly crowded store and Ginny brought several candies.

"Why don't thou takest one?" Ginny asked in a low voice so that no one would hear their medieval language. Harry shrugged then bought himself a candy cane which was lying next to the heart shaped apple lollies.

Ginny suggested Zonko's next in hopes of rising Harry's dull mood but her tries became futile and she became irritated. He was the one who asked her out for a date on the Valentine's day and now he was in a low mood and not even reciprocating her attempts to better his mood.

"What on Merlin's pants is wrong with thou?!" she shouted at him when they were on their way to The Three Broomsticks.

"What?" Harry asked.

"Thou asketh me on a date and thou pretend like 'tis a friendly visit!"

"What do thou want me to do?" Harry asked irritated. "Fetch thou new roses and tell thou art beautiful more than 'tis enough?!"

Ginny felt hot tears in her eyes but she forced herself to retort in kind. "If thou art not interested in goin' out with me, then tell it outright 'stead of pretending thou don't knowest me at all!" She ran away from him, throwing the apply lolly she had brought at him as she did. Harry stood there momentarily confused.

"M'lady! Damn it!" he swore then left the sight in an instant via Apparition. When he opened his eyes after the similar queasy feeling, he looked at the giant castle towering above him. Walking in a quick stride, he passed the great gates and the huge grounds only stopping to open the door of the castle.

He walked around aimlessly, the thing on his mind etched still fresh. Although he had spoilt his date with Ginny, there was an even more disturbing thought occupying his mind. Just a few hours ago, before he set forth for the Wizarding village, he received a letter. The very same parchment was in his robe pockets and he gripped it so tight it would have crumpled unseen by anyone.

I wish, he thought, I wish I had some lead on how he's alive.

Out of nowhere, a door appeared to his left. Startled slightly and cursing himself for letting his guard down, he examined it carefully. It looked like a normal wooden door, carved with intricate patterns and all but something inside seemed to be calling to him. Slowly and cautiously, he approached the door, wand in hand, then opened it. He was met with a totally different scene.