Chapter Twenty Four

Story: Moira
Chapter Twenty Four: A Predicament as Old as Dumbledore

"What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with thou!"

"Don't look at me like that m'lady! I art rather kiss thou than talk rubbish!"

"Oh, please!"

Dumbledore rubbed his throbbing temples lightly yet applying as much force as needed. This had been the same argument for over an hour. He wondered, momentarily, why his office had become a shouting room after years.

"I told thou, I know not what occured!"

"Then do something being the great Lord thou are!"

"I ain't no Lord!"

Dumbledore had had enough. "Oh please! For the sake of Agrippa's saggy left soc –" but unfortunately, the highly respected headmaster was interrupted again, this time by magic.

"Expelliarmus!" The raven haired boy managed to disarm him. Dumbledore sighed again.

"Agrippa! He's the reason we art what we art!" Ginny exclaimed, red faced from shouting. "And how darest thou disarm Master?!"

"Who on hell is Agrippa?!" Harry asked. His face was pale instead of red faced. He completely disregarded her threat.

"Thou don't knowst Agrippa? Methinks thou art more dumber than thou shows," Ginny deadpanned. Harry closed his eyes as a lamp shattered somewhere far away. Or was it on Dumbledore's desk?

Dumbledore sighed and repaired the lamp with a lazy flick of his hand then waved it at the arguing couple, silencing them. The room fell dead silent. He wondered why he didn't do that before. Oh, he knew why. With a stunned body of the French champion lying limp on the ground and the other two champions fighting in godforsaken Shakespearean English and his wand in the hand of the Wizard of Destruction, he couldn't just concentrate. His phoenix, Fawkes trilled merrily in sheer amusement.

Ginny was, by now, trying to throw things at her rival whilst he glared at her with looks that could kill, even for fun.

"Look, Mister Harry, Ginny; I am afraid I don't understand your situation the best but this must be a trace left by Lord Gryffindor when he created the memory orb, you say? Yes, that," Dumbledore continued as Ginny nodded, still her eyebrows furrowed in anger. "It might merely last for a few days, a week at the most but Merlin knows, it might even be permanent." Dumbledore winced and ducked as Ginny finally threw his Sneakoscope on him. Harry facepalmed and tried to tell something but he was forcibly silenced. Dumbledore carefully released only Harry from the spell.

"Old Sire! My apologies but ain't there art no way to cure 'tis? A potion, mayhaps?"

Dumbledore shook his head rather regretfully. "I'm afraid not, Mister Harry." He ducked again as his enraged student threw another object at him. "Not much is known about ancient magic."

Harry frowned. Ginny stood up and indicated to her mouth. Dumbledore flicked his wand, which Harry handed back to him at that precise moment, at her and she took a deep breath.

"I need to get going, Master, my Lord. Fare thou well," Ginny said then turned and left. Harry got up too.

"Got to make a run. I wish thou the very best, Old Sire." Harry left too and with another sigh, Dumbledore woke Alarie up with simple magic and sent her off too.
Then he slumped heavily onto his desk and Fawkes sang a sweet tune to make him feel relaxed.

Many things were running through his mind as he sat there, thinking about the visit. He knew, from Ginny's partially happy expression that they had learnt something but he also knew that she could be quite sassy when she wanted to. So the aged headmaster did not know whether her happiness was pure or sarcastic.

Harry, on the other hand, showed no emotion other than annoyance due to their predicament. Dumbledore sighed then let himself be carried away into a magic beyond all that is done at Hogwarts, as he quoted often – music.

_________________________

Ginny was in for trouble when she broke that damned glass orb along with an annoying prat. It was during dinner when she was forced to open her mouth to Hermione.

"How did your photoshoot go?"

"Good."

"Why are you upset? Did you reject Harry again?" Hermione probed. Ginny snorted. The very same annoying prat had asked her out several times before the damned glass orb incident. "I'll take that as a yes. If you really want to brake him that badly, why even stay annoyed at yourself or him or whoever you look at?" Hermione asked. Ginny glared at her. "You know, you are awfully silent today."

"Leave her alone, Miss," Harry's voice said as he slumped into the seat beside Ginny, causing her frown to deepen. Hermione blinked. "What do thou say for a night time stroll, m'lady?"

"Nay."

"Why have you both suddenly turned so. . . medieval?" Hermione cut in. Ginny glared at Harry but he casually smiled at her, causing her heart to skip a beat. The annoying prat knew she liked his smile.

"We like 't." Was all Harry said before pulling her to her feet and dragging her out of the Great Hall, therefore abandoning her hopes of filling her growling stomach. When they were out on the grounds, Ginny spoke.

"Who asked thou to save me?!"

"Thought I ought to save m'lady when in trouble. That's what all gentlemen do."

He led her to the same oak tree. This time, the lining of flames were dark green, suiting the greenery around it. Ginny looked at them in awe that she, once again, forgot to notice Harry in the meantime.

"M'lady, the Valentine's 'tis 'round the corner. Do me the honour of goin' along with thyself truly," he said, offering her a magically enchanted dark green rose. He was propped up on his knee again and Ginny's irritation flew away at that sight.

"Thou knows we canst be together," she tried to argue.

"We can. That's how we cultivate trust, m'lady." Ginny looked hesitant so Harry added, "We can avoid our cousins as well and there shalt be no problems with our predicament."

This alone caused Ginny to agree. "May it be so then, my Lord," she replied. Harry stood up and offered her the rose then kissed her cheek.

"Thou amaze me," he whispered in her ear then left with a wink. Ginny took several deep breaths to calm her rapidly beating heart then smiled lightly, blush still etched on her face and the rose that the same annoying yet sweet prat had given her in her hands.

"Thou amaze me more, my Lord," she whispered to the trees and the glass enclosed flames around her. . .

What can I say? I love hinny so much.

Thank you for reading!

Miyoko x