Chapter Eight

Story: Moira
Chapter Eight: Something Different

Harry's eyes fluttered open slowly. The first thing he saw was a white ceiling with intricate patterns carved into it. He blinked twice. He did not remember why he even landed in this place. It surely did not look like his dorm in the Durmstrang ship.

"Harry?" a small voice asked. Harry blinked again then slowly sat up, only to be tackled by a red bear. Rather a red-haired girl. However, Harry did not return her hug. When she pulled away, she was pink-faced and sweating. "Thank Merlin you are alright!"

Harry frowned then looked down at his hands. They were bandaged. He couldn't, for the life of him, remember why he was in an unknown place with Ginny Weasley.

"Where am I?" he asked. His voice sounded deeper and lower than normal. He cleared his throat and was about to ask again but Ginny cut him off.

"Master Dumbledore's office. You fainted when you hit the waters of the Black Lake."

Harry's frown deepened. He still could not remember what happened. He closed his eyes and concentrated. The last memory he could remember was Ginny leaning on his shoulder and talking about his 'good' heart. He opened his eyes and narrowed them at the redhead in question.

"You did something, didn't you?"

Ginny rolled her eyes in response and face palmed. "Not this again."

"What do you mean by again, Miss?"

"To put it simply, you lost control over your magic yesterday, causing you to do some very evil things," another voice answered. Harry did not have to look up to find the owner of the voice.

"What did I do?" he asked, looking at the floor in front of his makeshift bed.

"Tried to use the cruciatus on Miss Weasley. Thankfully, the ministry hasn't detected it nor has Miss Weasley been injured."

Harry let out a deep breath which he hadn't realized he had been holding. Flashes of events became alive in his erratic mind.

"So much has happened and you never bothered to tell me?" Harry's tone was accusing.

"Harry, I feared you wouldn't understand, kid. You are still a kid and you don't have to –"

"I am NOT a kid, Sirius! I have the right to know any information regarding me and my magical descent!" this time, he yelled at his guilty-looking godfather.

"I am sorry, kid."

"Why did you do that?"

"What?" Sirius asked.

"Sign the ruddy blood pact, what else?"

"Oh. He threatened to kill you. . . kill me. . . I had no other option –"

"You should have died then! And let me die along too! At least I wouldn't have learnt dark things and have had to control the temptation to use them! At least I would die pure! At least I wouldn't have had t–to face a traitor!" Harry accused. His voice was completely filled with loathing for the man whom he so loved just a few hours ago.

"I was ready to die. . . I could have died instead of betraying my godson. . ." Sirius's voice was filled to the brim with guilt as he fell to his knees, a few tears escaping his sharp eyes.

The events of the past hour played in his mind and his hand immediately sought his wand. "Run before I do something."

Sirius looked up to see a struggling Harry. He was holding his head as if someone was talking to him mentally. Shaking vigorously, his eyes turned red and he looked at Sirius with a vengeful look. "Crucio!"