Chapter Nineteen

Story: Moira
Chapter Nineteen: Sister As Good As Own

The grounds were eerily silent, the only sounds being those of owls hooting and the rustling of leaves of the trees. As she neared the oak tree, the crackling of fire was heard and in the distance she could make out blue flames.

Her eyes softened in adoration when she saw a lane of blue bell lamps lit which finally ended by the oak tree. She walked through the special blue flame-lit green grass carpet and saw Harry leaning against the tree with folded hands and closed eyes. Upon hearing her arrival, he opened his eyes and met hers with a dazzling green glint in his irises which took her breath away.

"Hey."

"Hey," she greeted back.

"Do you like them?" Harry asked, tilting his head towards the blue bell lamps. She smiled lightly as she looked at the said lamps.

"You didn't have to –"

"I wanted to. Do you like them?" he asked again. She looked at him and nodded.

"I love them."

"Here is a question for you," he asked suddenly. She looked alarmed. Although she trusted him, she did not want to delve into the secret sharing friendship with him, yet. "What is your favorite colour?"

She sighed silently in relief. "Why'd you ask that all of a sudden?" Harry shrugged, so she looked deep into his eyes and answered. "Dark green."

"Well, that's great. So why did you want to meet me at this time of the hour?"

"Well, there's a thing that Master told me," she said, then withdrew her wand. "Muffiliato." Her spell disabled any passersby from eavesdropping.

"What is it?"

"We need to go to Gringotts, the Wizarding bank, this Wednesday," she said.

"Why?"

"Because Lord and Lady Gryffindor have left a whole vault to us."

"Wha –? How'd you know they left it for us? For all we know, it could be for their son or daughter."

"The thing is, Harry, it is specifically mentioned that the next Wizard and Witch of Creation and Destruction will be the only ones capable of opening the vault. Even the goblins can't open it. The vault requires some sort of magical signature to open."

"Where is it mentioned as such?"

"Master found it in a book gifted to him by the famous alchemist Nicholas Flamel."

"Ah, Mr Flamel. He has lived a long life, so I must think that the source is reliable." Harry spoke more to himself than her. His expression was unreadable. "The question is: how do we leave the school given the fact that tomorrow is the second task?"

Ginny took a deep breath. "Master wants Alarie, you and I to a makeshift photo studio where a fake photo shoot will be held. After the photo shoot, Alarie will be sent back but we stay behind and, under heavy disguises, leave for Gringotts. I expect the goblins to already be informed of our visit, so it makes the whole job a lot easier and don't worry, your Headmaster will not know of this. Only Master will be along with us during the photo shoot," Ginny explained.

"I wish we'd find more clues in the vault then."

"I wish the same, Harry."

______________

"Luna?"

"In here," Luna answered. Hermione sighed in relief. Wiping the sweat from her forehead using her handkerchief, she walked to the blonde haired witch.

They were in the library. It was almost nine and it was going to close soon. Hermione wanted to find Luna and talk to her before it did.

"Let me think . . . You saw Ginny doing something absurd?" Luna asked as Hermione neared her.

"Yes!" Hermione whisper-shouted.

"And that was?"

"She was sneaking out of the common room and heading towards the grounds. I could not make out much from the girls' dormitory window but she seemed to be headed to the groove of trees on the left of the grounds," Hermione explained. Luna nodded.

"She might be meeting with someone."

"Do you think that someone is the Durmstrang champion?"

"I don't have to think. I know."

"Luna, as much as I feel happy for her to be developing a better friendship with Harry, I fear for her life."

"Why'd you think like that?" Luna asked, calmly flipping through a book. Hermione frowned. Luna was too carefree at times.

"I heard that Harry has killed people many times," Hermione whispered.

"Hermione, if a glass jar is inverted on a lit candle, does the candle stop throwing its light until the air inside no longer exists?" Luna asked slowly. Hermione wondered why Luna was talking along the lines of muggle chemistry.

"No, it doesn't. Not until there is no oxygen left."

"Excellent! That's what I'm trying to explain. Harry is the candle. Harry's goodness is the flame, his hope the oxygen. The jar is the Dark magic he has learnt to use. If his hope of turning good extinguishes, he is doomed. Ginny is serving as his oxygen. See through that perspective, I'm sure you'll understand, because you are smart enough."

Hermione had never seen through Harry's perspective. Heck, she didn't even know about his past still she had judged him. Here was Luna, two years younger than her but more empathetic than her. Hermione sighed in agreement.

"It's just . . . Ginny is like my sister and I don't want her to be hurt . . . Not anymore."

"She's your sister as good as mine."

____________

"Dude, where does this git disappear off to?" Draco asked. Ron looked up from the pile of chocolate frog cards he was collecting then shrugged. "You guys are no fun."

"What d'you expect me to do? Listen to your rambling about your snog with Astoria? Blimey mate! That's the last thing I'd want to hear! It's plain . . . gross."

"Alright, alright but let's just play a game of wizard's chess at least?" Draco asked. Ron shook his head.

"Nah, you're too boring to play with. No offence, mate."

"You gi –" but before Draco could launch his swear words, the door opened and Harry strutted in. It slammed behind him, causing Ron and Draco to jump slightly.

"Blimey mate! Don't tell us that, that Ginny girl rejected you again!" Ron exclaimed. Harry glared at him then walked into the bathroom for yet another shower. "What's got his wand in a twist?"

"No, she didn't!" Harry shouted from the other side of the door, causing Ron and Draco to jump again.

"Phew, that's a relief," Draco sighed as the shower's sound interrupted their silence. "So, up for a chess match mate?"

Yeek! The second task is next! ;)

Thanks for reading!

Miyoko x