Chapter Twenty Nine

Story: Moira
Chapter Twenty Nine: A Swipe of Destruction

Perfectly at midnight, Harry heard a crack. Lucius Malfoy, looking frightened, greeted him and bowed to him. Harry merely acknowledged the respect.

"Lucius. I don't want to swivel around the topic. Has Master given you anything to keep safely? Anything at all?!" Harry asked, irritation taking the better of him. The reason being Bellatrix unable to show up that night due to some errand for the Dark Lord.

Lucius gave out a tiny yelp before recomposing himself. "Young Master, I do recall him giving me a diary to keep in the basement of my mano–"

"Imperio!" Harry hissed. Malfoy's eyes glazed over. "Go and fetch me the diary Master gave you! Make haste!" Harry ordered. Lucius left with another pop.

Minutes of waiting impatiently, he finally turned up with a black book which looked quite tattered. Harry snatched it from the imperiused Malfoy. "You may go," he dismissed. Malfoy nodded but before he could spin around, Harry hit him with yet another spell. "Obliviate!"

______________________

That morning, Harry woke up to the rapid beating of his heart; or rather the locket's rapid twitching. He groaned and got up, stretching lazily. After several days of midnight visits and reading, he hardly had time to sleep, causing his irritation to triple over.

The book, which looked like an empty diary, was tempting him to write something in it but he was wiser.

Deciding to finish off both the annoying horcruxes, Harry skipped breakfast and scampered to the seventh floor stealthily. He looked around then closed his eyes, thinking of the same room from before. When he opened his eyes, a door was standing in front of him. He pushed it open and walked in, closing it behind him. The mess was still there and a crater was formed in the middle of the room where he had destroyed the tiara.

"This is it for you both," Harry told the two things and placed the diary on the spot beside the crater. He tried to take the locket off but it started tightening around his neck. Thrashing and suffocating madly, he scrabbled at the chain, finally taking it off.

Choking and retching, he threw it on the ground beside it. He was sure the locket had burnt a scar on his chest and a cut around his neck.

After taking deep breaths he raised his hand, wishing to get the Power of Destruction in his palm. It was only starting to form when the locket twitched madly.

"Stop!" Harry hissed in Parseltongue. "Open now!" 

Without disobeying his orders, it opened. Nevertheless, it did not stop twitching. Harry opened the diary with his free hand and closed his eyes to concentrate harder.

"Harry Potter. . ." Harry opened his eyes sharply at the name. He looked around to see a scarlet eye looking back at him from the locket. "I have seen your fears. . . Least loved by the godfather who prefers his adopted son. . . Least loved by the girl who prefers a foreign boy. . . I shall give you anything you wish for, just wear me."

"NO!" Harry shouted at it. Suddenly, two grey, misty figures emerged from the locket, making him talk back. Harry's eyes widened when he saw Ginny and Nathaniel in front of him. Ginny laughed shrilly at the way he was kneeling in front of the locket. He looked to his side and found another handsome boy on her other side, smiling wickedly.

"Tom Riddle; Harry Potter, too bad I can't express my pleasure to have met a traitor," the handsome boy spoke. Harry started suffocating: it was his Master, only the younger version of him.

Sensing his discomfort, The Riddle-Nathaniel spoke. "Always thought you had a girl at your disposal huh? Never, Potter–"

"Don't call me that!" Harry shouted but Riddle-Nathaniel continued as if he had never been interrupted.