Chapter Fifteen

Story: Moira
Chapter Fifteen: The Powers Of Creation and Destruction

The incident between Harry and Ginny weakened their bond. Harry hardly paid her any attention. In fact, he did not even acknowledge her presence and mostly stayed away from her and her friends.

Ginny, on the other hand, was utterly miserable. She could not talk about it to anyone. Hermione, Luna, Astoria and Neville did not know about Harry's secret. Master Dumbledore was too busy and she would definitely not ask him the permission. She did not know why his permission came into picture in their relationship. . .or whatever it was but she felt so wrong to go with Harry when they were technically supposed to be enemies both by birth and by the tournament.

Her miserable state looked unsolvable what with Harry completely ignoring her so when Dean Thomas asked her out for the ball, she agreed without a thought.

__________________

The day of the ball arrived and Harry was not in the mood. He wore his robes hastily and without even checking his reflection, left the dorm with an angry slam of the door. He had no choice other than asking Alarie Beaumont, his fellow champion. He did not know about any of the other girls and the girls of his school would fangirl around him.

Perfectly at seven, Harry reached the entrance hall in a dark black robe completed with a lighter shade of black vest and tie. He knew he wasn't dressed up to his usual standards but he did not care. It was not Ginny he was going with, after all.

Ginny. Harry simply could not forget her. Even after she rejected him, her pretty face kept occupying his day thoughts and night dreams.

A shuffling noise was heard behind him and he turned around, wand in hand.

"Oh!" Alarie exclaimed, looking at his wand wearily. Harry blushed then pocketed it.

"Sorry, I was lost in thoughts," Harry apologized. She smiled. Harry then observed her. She wore a white mermaid gown which had a short train. Her necklace and earrings looked like diamonds and her silvery blonde hair flowed behind her shoulders. Her hazel eyes glimmered along with her jewellery. Harry smiled. "You look pretty."

Alarie blushed lightly. "Thank you, Harry. You look smart too." Harry simply nodded. "Oooh! Look!"

Harry turned around and saw Ginny on the other side of the hall. She was wearing a cream coloured gown with black embroidery. Her hair cascaded behind her back and a few strands framed her face. She looked dull nevertheless beautiful.

Ginny caught his eye for a second before he broke the contact and turned his back to her. He was going to forget her and that would be his mission.

The ball started soon and the champions had to initiate the dance. Harry's eyes kept drifting to Ginny once in a while and each time she caught his eyes, he would look away. This continued on for a long time and when Alarie wanted to rest, Harry left her by the punch table and walked out to the grounds but not before she kissed him on his cheek as a token of appreciation for taking her as his date.

The moon's faint light illuminated the unshed tears in his dark green eyes as he sat on the banks of the dark lake. The stars glowed innocently but to Harry it seemed as if they were mocking him.

"Harry?"

Harry turned to her, an intimidating look in his eye. "What do you want?!"

"I'm sorry. I –"

"ENOUGH! JUST ENOUGH!" Harry shouted, standing up. Ginny took a few steps backward then tripped on a small stone and fell down on her back. Harry really couldn't care less. "What on earth do you think I am? Some sort of a boy who would tolerate every unfair thing done to damage him?! I have had enough!"