Chapter Fifty

Story: Moira
Chapter Fifty: It's Harry Potter

After several minutes of abandoned dinner plates and protesting questions, everyone had calmed down thanks to Arthur's command of order. At the start, Ron and his friends (besides Draco) were enraged at Harry and Ginny for not letting them know of the suffering they were going through but when Luna's mind worked empathetically rather than logically, the teens could not help but feel sorry.

The parents and uncle, in Regulus's case, felt guilty for being in the dark and only after several rounds of reassurance from Harry and Ginny that everything was fine did they cheer up a little bit.

The Weasley brothers including Charlie who joined in for fun, were scrutinizing Harry for being Ginny's 'other half'. Harry did not care in the least and maintained his mask of expressionless face.

Everything seemed to be going well until Regulus questioned something which was at the back of everyone's mind until then.

"So. . . Ron, where will you stay?"

Ron blinked for a moment before looking at Hermione quizzically. She smiled lightly in reassurance. "Umm. . . I was wondering if I could stay here. . . at The Burrow so that I can get to know y'all. . ." His sentence was directed to the excited Weasleys.

"Of course! Of course! Merlin's beard, yes, yes!" Molly rejoiced. Ron smiled awkwardly when she hugged him. "You can stay here too, Sirius," she added.

Sirius shook his head. "It's safe to say that Ron deserves all the happiness he can get whilst here. I don't want to be a burden. Nevertheless, thank you, Molly."

"But dad –" Ron started to argue.

"No pup. . . I am not your d-dad anymore. He is –" Sirius shook his head at a bewildered Arthur. "And I have no claim over you anymore. . ." Harry knew that it was hurting every ounce of Sirius to proclaim that.

"I'm sorry, but you are wrong Padfoot," Ron said then smiled lightly. "Weasley dad is my father too but you are, according to me, my first father; the one who raised me, fed me; clothed me; schooled me; taught me tricks; ate with me and most of all, made me feel loved.

"I never really thought about mother when I was with you, Uncle Regulus, Harry, Draco and the rest of the Malfoys." Regulus and Draco smiled at the redhead. "You all made me feel loved. . . You taught me how it is to have a family – a wonderful one at that!" Sirius grinned tearfully at Ron as the rest of the Weasleys smiled. "Blimey, I hope I didn't by heart this from one of Hermione's prized drama books collection!"

Hermione turned pink and everyone laughed. "Ronald!"

"So Her-me-one, you know I really love you," Ron winked at her and she all but rolled her brown eyes. Harry and Ginny caught each other's eyes before turning away to avoid laughing. Draco, however, was laughing madly along with Neville and the twins.

"Her-me-one! Be my loved one!" Fred sang, dancing around his twin who was  pretending to be Hermione by reading an invisible book.

"Twins!" Molly chided as Ron swung an arm around Hermione's waist, stealthily taking her wand away before she could hex his brothers.

"Sorry, mum!" the twins chorused, not at all sounding sorry.

"Back to the topic," Sirius interrupted and everyone fell silent. "I'm planning to move back here since the madman, Voldy is gone and there is no reason to stay in Bulgaria when you both have finished schooling. Blimey! I missed this climate so much!"

Everyone laughed at Sirius's expression.

"I think we can make #12, Grimmauld Place palpable enough to live in. What do you think, dear ol' brother?" Regulus asked. Sirius snorted.