Chapter Forty One

Story: Moira
Chapter Forty One: Owner of The Cloak

It had been precisely three weeks since the three schools parted. The closest of pals still wrote owls, two or three times a week.

Harry and Ginny had lost touch for a while, immersed in finding more clues about the mysterious symbol. So when a brown owl landed at the windowsill of his room in The Blackthorn Manor, Harry was surprised.

Dear Harry,

I hope you are doing well. 

I think I have found something that could help us with this symbol. Unfortunately, I can not trust it in a letter. The twins had a close encounter with Bellatrix at the Diagon Alley. Fortunately, they managed to avoid her using several of their own merchandise.

She's on the hunt for us, Harry. Stay safe. Don't worry about me, I have my invisibility cloak. 

This weekend, mum's asked me to invite all of my friends for a sleepover at my place. And she wants you to come as well along with Ron and Draco. I'll send them a letter too, no worries.

Now, the main purpose of writing this letter is: I need you to come over to discuss about the new lead I have found. Your stay will be under the context of the sleepover but we need to get this done and over with. 

Reply as soon as possible.

Yours,

Ginny x

Harry sighed as he closed the letter and pocketed it. He hoped against hope that this lead would not arise more questions than necessary.

He had been locked up in his room with several books, trying to decipher the meaning of the triangle eye but in vain. He had even checked out the symbol at Durmstrang and it matched. If Grindelwald had something to do with the symbol, was Dumbledore having connections with the Dark Wizard? Why would the symbol be used, almost fifty years hence the events of the American Wizarding War? 

Harry had no answer to all these questions. He meticulously jotted them down in a notebook but no notebook could help him complete his destiny. Moira had made sure that whatever he was up to, he would have to face a lot of challenges to the summit.

__________

It was a warm and sunny May day: the date of the sleepover. Hermione had arrived early via Apparition and Ginny was delighted to finally have a girl to talk to. Living with her brothers surely had its cons. 

Neville arrived by the Floo network and Luna and Astoria used a joint Portkey. The Durmstrangs were the last to arrive. Dragging Sirius along with them, they had Apparated to a small hill along the street of The Burrow. The twins had guided them to the topsy-turvy homely building.

"Oi!" Ron shouted as a greeting and Hermione immediately hugged him. 

"Oi!" Draco echoed. Unfortunately for him, Astoria mock angrily turned away, telling him off for not greeting her like a gentleman. Neville, Luna, Sirius and Harry shared a laugh at the blonde boy's expense. 

"Where's your girl?" Sirius asked Harry who shrugged. Molly Weasley took this moment to enter. 

After another round of greetings, Molly took Harry aside. "Harry dear, how are you doing?" she asked in her kind voice.

"I'm good, Mrs Weasley," Harry replied back, confused as to why she took him aside from the group.

"That's – good to hear. I just – can you do me a favor, dear?" Her voice was really soft, almost pleading that Harry nodded before he could even consider. "Ginny is really put out after you know. . . losing Albus. She rarely comes down and Hermione could not really get much out of her."