Chapter Thirty Three

Story: Moira
Chapter Thirty Three: Our Hope

The morning was calm yet the atmosphere was filled with tension. Whilst everyone were fretting about the Third task, Harry was worried about the events which would unfold thereafter. He hoped he would not witness a sudden turn of events.

He and Ginny exchanged a quick greeting as they stood along with Alarie, facing the cheering crowd, as not just students but champions of their school. The task was a maze and the one who would first find and touch the cup would be the victor. The maze was not only housing several creatures but also a portkey which was unbeknownst to everyone but him.

The champions' families were called over to watch the final task. In Harry's case, Sirius and Regulus were present. Ginny's whole family, including her new sister-in-law, Fleur were all present. Harry noticed a blonde haired couple and Nathaniel sitting along with them and presumed they were Alarie's parents. Something strange he noticed was that Dumbledore seemed to look really fragile and confused.

Before Harry could ponder on anything else, he was standing in between the hedges of tall grass, his wand being the only lit object in the dark maze. He shuffled through the long vines and took the path, he had a feeling, that would lead to the cup.

________________________

After several minutes of shuffling around the hedges of the grass, Harry found himself basking in the glory of the cup. He looked at it with entranced eyes but controlled himself from touching it. Ginny was the one who was meant to touch it.

Soon enough, she arrived, Alarie hot on her tail.

"Stupefy!" Harry bellowed, aiming a stunner at the blonde haired girl who fell down to the ground, limp and unmoving.

"What did you do that for?" Ginny asked in between deep breaths. "If you were already here, why not touch the cup?"

Before Harry could even open his mouth to tempt her to duel him, a silver lynx landed in front of them.

"Ginny, your family has been kidnapped by them. Dumbledore has been been severely obliviated and wounded, by whom, I do not know. The tournament is cancelled. The cup is a dark portkey. Please find Mister Harry and Miss Beaumont and follow the patronus. It will lead you to the entrance," Kingsley's voice boomed from the lynx. Ginny gasped with tears in her eyes as Harry watched it with widened eyes. He knew something was wrong with Dumbledore.

_________________________

Sirius was beyond mad when Kingsley burst in and announced the news. On top of that, everyone seemed extremely stunned to do anything. Sirius was worried if Harry was part of the plan. He knew Harry had changed but what if he gave in to his temptations?

After a nod to his brother, they both Apparated to the place they feared they would find the Dark Lord in.

_________________________

"I've failed everything! I've failed everyone. I-I am a waste of space!" Ginny cried as she sunk to her knees in fits of sobs. Harry looked at her with pity. "Master won't remember a single thing. . . Voldemort took my friends and family away. . . I have nothing worth living for. . . They all perished because of me. . ."

"Ginny, why'd you think that?"

"Why? Why! Voldemort wants me! He takes away my family and friends to get to me!"

"Ginny." His voice had a determined accent to it. She looked up from her knees to him. His hand was outstretched to her, a determined smile on his handsome face. She reluctantly took it and he pulled her up. He looked her in the eye before pulling her in a fierce hug. "You aren't a waste of space. In fact, you are the most wonderful person I have ever met.

"Master wants power. That's all he wants but he must realize that he won't get it. Not when I'm with you," he consoled, rubbing his hand in circles on her back. Ginny hugged him back slowly, her eyes softening with every word he uttered. Her face was pink and tear strained nevertheless she held unto him as if there would be no tomorrow. He pulled away and looked at her in the eye, his hands still on her shoulder. "You haven't lost everything, Gin. You still have me. We will get them back, I swear. All of them. It's always you and me against the world, Ginny."

His face looked so handsome in the dim lighting of the maze that it made her blush more. To top that, his dark emerald eyes were glowing with hope filled to the brim. She nodded slowly and turned away to look at the cup cum portkey, a protective hand on her chest.

"We are in need of a plan."

"Go ahead, smart lady," Harry said, looking at her with a smile of adoration. Not minutes before, she was broken so badly but now, she had her blazing look on with that determined brown eyes and set lips; she looked stunning.

"The cup is a dark portkey. . ." she mumbled to herself. "D'you –"

"I do. It's the ultimatum and our hope will help us out," Harry replied as he looked at the glowing cup.

_________________________

Ginny touched the portkey and the familiar pull behind the naval disoriented her before she fell hard on the ground. Simultaneously, she felt her hands and legs bound by a strong silver chain.

"What –?"

"Ginny! Get away from here! Take the cup!" She heard her father's voice shout from the darkness beyond. Before she could even look up, she was forcefully tied to a headstone.

"Ah! Finally got the little brat!" an evil voice laughed. A small squeak was heard after that.

"Please! Please let Ginny go! Take me instead!" her mother pleaded. Ginny then caught sight of her family. Her parents, Bill and his wife Fleur; Charlie, Percy, Fred and George were bound with similar silver chains: all of them wearing frightened expressions.

"What do you want with me and my family?!" she shouted at her captor. The woman merely cackled. A sound of apparition was heard and all heads turned to the source.

_________________________

The place where he had Apparated to smelt of dirt and rotten things. Without wasting a moment's time he emerged from the shadows. Looking as fierce as he could, he walked over to Bellatrix and stood by her side.

"Harry?! Y-you are in this too?" Charlie asked in disbelief. Harry merely looked at him.

"Harry?" Ginny croaked.

"Fell for me, Weasley? I thought you were smarter than that," Harry said with a smirk.

"W-why?"

"Because I wanted to!"

Cliffhanger! ;)

I was going through the demographics of this story and found 13 engaged readers! I'm so happy about that! Thank you guys, ilysm!

Your thoughts on this chapter? Comment!

Thank you for reading!

Miyoko x