Chapter Twenty One

Story: Moira
Chapter Twenty One: Breaking Family Secrets

The dinner was a noisy affair. The captives of the champions were dining together with the three champions. To give them their privacy, their friend groups sat together and away from them by the end of the table.

Sitting beside Ginny and Sirius, Harry noticed the latter in deep thought, his eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"So, you like skinny dipping?" Nathaniel Beaumont, Alarie's brother asked. Ginny nodded reluctantly. The question was addressed to her after all.

Harry snorted into his glass of pumpkin juice as Ginny answered another awkward question from Nathaniel.

"Eet's dangerous, eesn't eet?" Alarie asked Charlie, who was talking to her about dragons.

"It is when you don't know about them and creep up behind their backs. Expect a roasted human if you do so."

Harry couldn't help but observe the similarities between Ron and Charlie. Charlie was making insane jokes just like Ron.

"Harry."

Harry looked at Ginny with raised eyebrows. "What?"

"Oh! I didn't call you," she replied, blushing slightly.

"I know that. What were you talking about me?"

"Just telling how overprotective a friend you are," Ginny replied, twirling her spoon in between her hands as if it were a stick.

To further suggest that, Harry put an arm around her shoulder. "Oh, yeah!"

"Harry!" Ginny exclaimed.

"Yeah?"

Sirius looked at him oddly but Harry disregarded him. He looked down then took one last sip from his glass of pumpkin juice and stood up.

"I – er have to get going. Meeting – ahem. I have a meeting." Sirius excused himself from the table after everyone bid him goodbye. Harry's eyes never left his godfather's retreating figure to the other end of the table until:

"Save me from this mad bloke," Ginny hissed into Harry's ear.

"Er – I need to get going too," he whispered back into her ear. "Bathroom!"

Ginny rolled her eyes. "I don't need the details, get going."

"See you," Harry said and, with a wink at Alarie, he kissed Ginny's cheek and left, leaving a beaming Alarie, blushing Ginny, stunned Nathaniel and a suspicious Charlie behind. He followed Sirius and Ron to the grounds from afar.

The father-son pair strolled around the lake's bank as he followed them stealthily. They stopped near a tree – the oak tree which held many memories.

Harry crept behind another great tree and he could make out what they were talking.

"I'm so glad you are here but, blimey! You scared me dad."

Sirius ruffled Ron's hair with a smile unlike his own. "I'm sorry, son."

"Did you try the bacon sandwiches? They were as good as Uncle Reg's!" Ron exclaimed, looking like a child. Sirius laughed.

"Yes, yes I did."

"So, what will you do, dad? Teach me to become an animagus like Harry?"

"Sure, son. Maybe after you pass out of Durmstrang. I don't have the potion which will reveal which animal you are and it takes a bit to brew it."

"I'm super excited!"

"But, I don't think my news will give you the same excitement."

"What's the news, dad?" Ron asked, horrified. "I-is Harry in trouble?"