Chapter Twenty Three

Story: Moira
Chapter Twenty Three: Learning More Secrets

Harry landed hard on his feet when he opened his eyes. His pupils had just become accustomed to the darkness when a sudden flash of light accompanied the change of scenery. He felt a hand grip his arm tightly.

They were no longer in the marble mid vault. They were now witnessing a scene of olden English land where flowers bloomed all around and the sky was bright and void of clouds.

"W-where are we?" Ginny's voice asked, shaking slightly.

"Their memories. . . inside their memories."

A young, tall man with brown hair to his side stood on one knee with a velvet box in his hand, facing a beautiful woman with golden yellow hair. "Thou art beauty. Marry me?"

"Yes!" the woman shrieked and Harry and Ginny turned away when the newly engaged couple kissed. They felt their feet float again and darkness enveloped them before another scene flashed.

They were in a royally decorated room with the same couple from before. The couple were whispering lowly to each other. That was when Harry noticed a slight bump in the woman's belly.

"They are going to have a child," Ginny whispered beside him. Before Harry could respond, a lamp beside his head shattered, breaking into several million pieces. Ginny shrieked and pulled her to him, examining his head for any tiny fragments of glass. Harry freed himself from her when he saw the man's eyes widen.

For a moment, Harry thought they had seen them but his thoughts were proved wrong when Godric looked back at his wife, Giselle.

"Do thou thinks 'tis –"

"Methinks the same, husband mine. My powers art going out of hands."

"That canst be."

"Emotions rule over actions, my love. What do we do?"

"Try to lower them, m'lady."

Harry and Ginny looked at each other when the scene shifted again. This time, another person entered the scene.

"Thou shalt die, Gryffindor!" a man with silver-blonde, shoulder-length hair shouted at Godric.

"Salazar, methinks a fight 'snt necessary!" Giselle tried. Her baby bump was quite visible this time.

"Hush, Lady! I need nay of thine suggestions!" Salazar shouted back.

"Thou darest talk rudely to my lady wife!" Godric piped up. Salazar pointed his wand at him with a quick slash. As he did, something gold swung forwards. It was a locket, Harry noted, which looked pretty expensive and familiar. Godric withdrew a sword which looked familiar once again to Harry. It was encrusted with rubies and shone brightly.

"No! NO!" Giselle shouted, but the two men paid her no ear as they started duelling each other. Salazar shot spell after spell at the brown-haired man who deflected them with his magnificent sword.

Ginny gasped as Salazar shouted the deadliest curse known to wizardkind: the killing curse, Avada Kedavra.

Godric raised his hand and a brick wall formed in the blink of an eye. The wall was destroyed just as soon as it materialized.

Salazar did not back down. His constant firing of spells made it difficult for Godric to deflect as well as fight back.

Suddenly, darkness loomed over and the weather changed to stormy. Harry and Ginny looked up to find storm bearing clouds overhead. They looked at Giselle just in time to see a dark, black aura surround her.