Chapter Twenty Six

Story: Moira
Chapter Twenty Six: Severely Wounded

The sounds of birds chirping gently awoke Harry. After staggering a bit, he managed to grab the windowsill and straighten up a little bit. Soft snores from Ron and Draco's bunk beds indicated that they were still asleep.

After freshening up, Harry left the comfort of the dormitory in hopes of finding Ginny and apologizing to her for his behavior. Unfortunately for him, he did not see her during the breakfast nor the lunch.

Unnecessary worry taking over, he forced himself to talk to a glaring Neville.

"Hey! Neville!" Harry called out as he spotted the blonde boy walking down the corridor to his Transfiguration class.

"Oh. Hey Harry," Neville replied but his tone had an underlying harshness. "What are you doing here?"

"I – Have thou seen Ginny?" he breathed out, lowering his voice at the 'thou' part. Neville did not even bother to hide his irritation this time.

"Ginny? Why? What do you have to do with her? Hurt her enough, already," he said. Harry looked down. He did not like being talked to like that but he had to resist his urge of cursing the boy in front of him.

"I want to apologize," he said with as much less words as possible.

"Apologize now after she cried her eyes out full night?!" Neville shouted. Harry cast a non verbal silencing charm around them. He did not want the prying eyes to get what they wanted.

"Look, I'm sorry. I had other things to worry about –"

"Then why do you bother asking her out?!"

"Because I love her, okay?!" Harry blurted out without a second thought then felt ashamed of himself. Neville, however, had a soft expression on his face.

"Y-you really do? I mean . . . I know it's hard to confess . . ." Neville said, lowly. His voice was much softer and timid than before.

Harry had to think over before answering. Did he really love her? For sure he couldn't feel love or that was what he thought because his Master had taught him so. Deciding on his answer, Harry nodded lightly, still looking down as if being in love was a great insult. Suddenly, Neville placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I understand, mate. She has Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Lupin so he probably would be taking a practical lesson. It might take a bit longer for her to get out but I think it's worth the wait, yeah?" Neville asked. Harry nodded and smiled weakly at the brown haired boy.

"My thanks to thou," Harry said, unable to control the slang. Neville looked confused for a split second before shrugging and nodding. He left Harry alone in the corridor. Harry lifted the enchantments from the corridor and left to the seventh floor.

Harry couldn't help but recognize this name 'Lupin' as familiar. He had heard it somewhere but he couldn't remember where. He racked his brains as he waited for Ginny to come out but he couldn't just recollect.

After about twenty minutes of waiting, the sixth years started pouring out in herds. Harry even saw Luna Lovegood who smiled and waved at him before skipping away but he never saw Ginny. This disappointed him more but then he heard voices in the silent corridor. He stepped closed to the DADA classroom and could make out, very so slightly, the voice of Ginny and a man.

"That's right, Ginny! Keep doing it, you can do it! Yes!" the man's voice applauded.

"Many thanks, Professor! If it weren't for thou, I'd never be able to do such complicated charms!" Ginny's excited voice rang in his ears. He smiled lightly to himself at the sound of her.

The sound of footsteps closing in was heard so he stepped away. Ginny opened the door and Harry caught a glimpse of a middle aged man with a tired complexion. His eyes widened at the sight of Harry but before he or Harry could do anything, Ginny closed the door behind her, ignoring Harry completely.

"Hey! M'lady!" Harry called out to her but she ignored him as she walked to the plight of stairs. "M'lady! Urgh, this is getting annoying. M'lady!"

No matter how loudly he called to her, even attracting a few eyes, she ignored him and continued on her way down the staircase. Midway through the moving stairs, Harry caught up to her and grabbed her hand. She glared at his grip on her hand then tried shaking him away but he was too physically trained for her. Giving in to her irritation, she finally spoke up.

"What do thou want?!" she shouted. Harry put a finger to her lip but she hastily shook it off.

"Please, I beg thou, let's merry away to the oak tree!"

"Why would I go merrily with thou?!"

"Please, m'lady?"

Reluctantly, she agreed then he lead the way to the oak tree he now called home. The walk was filled with stressful silence and the tension between them never lowered even after they reached the oak tree, now enchanted to look like a magical tree of sorts.

"What?!" she shrieked just as soon as they reached the tree. Harry winced then cast another silencing charm around them. Sensing her irritation, he let go of her hand reluctantly.

"Look, m'lady. I'm sorry. I had other things to busy away with – "

"Then am I not a 'thing' to worry about?" Her question came out cold and unusually high pitched.

"Nay, not so," Harry replied then took a few steps behind as she glared daggers at him. "What I meanest 'tis that thou art not a thing to me. Thou art more valuable than all things can even comprehend." Her expression did not soften as he half wished to.

"I don't care, my Lord. The moment we get this nonsensical rubbish championship over with, we part. Forever," she emphasized on the last part, causing Harry's lips to curl downwards.

"Do thou ne'er loved me then?" he asked in a feeble, hurt and vulnerable voice he never knew he possessed.

"Nay! Even if I did, I shall turn my heart, stone and waste away after a few days!" For the first time after meeting her, Harry heard her with an out-of-control voice. It shocked him as well as wound him.

"I'm sorry –"

"If thou art done with 'tis rubbish, I need to haste away for my class begins soon," she said. They looked at each other for a second, with sad lips and silent tears forming in their eyes; before she turned around and left without a goodbye.

Harry sunk to his knees in depression. He found nothing new and lost all he had ever possessed. His insides squirmed sickeningly and the only thing which kept him from losing control was the upcoming Bellatrix's visit.

Although I never intended for another drama, I need to keep Harry depressed lol. I sound cruel. Your thoughts on this chapter?

Thank you for reading!

Miyoko x