Chapter Two

Story: Moira
Chapter Two: Unsaid Secrets

The fire crackled in the makeshift fireplace of the mediocre-sized dorm. The sound of rummaging through things was the only other sound heard in the room besides that of the flame's voice.

"Are you listening or not?" Ron's voice broke the apparent silence. "What are you even looking for?"

"I am all ears, Ron," Harry replied, still rummaging through his truck and completely ignoring Ron's second question.

"Well then, you are entering your name in the tournament, yes?" Ron asked. Draco rolled his grey eyes.

"I will not."

"He's been asking the same question for the past twenty minutes, Harry! Just say yes!" Draco tried. Harry turned around and met their gazes with his dark emerald orbs. "Better get those stupid glasses on. You look intimidating, mate."

"You know I don't need them. They make ugly marks on my face," Harry replied, turning back to his trunk. He had never needed the round glasses he always wore. He had long since found a spell to repair his dull eyesight. He only wore them because those who knew him told him he looked frightening otherwise.

"Now, dear ol' Harry. Please say yes to your brother?" Ron pleaded with puppy dog eyes. Harry snorted and never met Ron's eyes.

"Do I look like a kid to you?"

"Not sure. . .?"

"I don't want eternal glory, Ron! Okay?" Harry snapped. "It's a trouble as it is, what with all that Sirius did!"

"Don't blame my dad, Harry! He did what he thought was the best," Ron replied, a frown creasing his face. Harry chose not to respond to that. Ron was always overprotective of his dad and he certainly did not want to get into a fight with Ron.

"Let's see," Harry finally agreed, albeit partially. Draco and Ron exchanged joyful smiles before Draco spoke up again.

"So are you guys going back to your house?"

"I wish I didn't have to," Harry retorted and slumped down on his bed with something shiny in his hand.

"C'mon, Harry. You know dad misses the ol' you!" Ron reasoned.

"I'm not the old Harry now." His reply came out as harsh, but he had no other way to put it. Ron sighed deeply.

"I wish I could turn back time and right all the misunderstandings in your family," Draco sighed. Ron gave him a small smile in gratitude. However, Harry just looked at the shiny metal in his palm. Its dull light in the dim atmosphere reflected in his dark eyes, which held pain and misery - two emotions no one knew that he was experiencing. Cold, dark and silent – that was how he was known by the world. This new Harry would never see change, or so he thought.

—————–——————

Harry and Ron arrived exactly at ten to five and Sirius was widely opening his arms to greet them at his house, #7, Blackthorn Manor. Ron immediately pounced on his father, just like a dog would do when it sees its master after a long time. Sirius hugged back with equal vigor, a grin spread across his face.

"Dad! What's for –" Ron started but was interrupted by Sirius.

"Whatever you want to eat for the night, pup. Do you want to go to some fancy restaurant?" Sirius asked, raising his eyebrows and wrapping an arm around Ron's shoulder.

"I'll be satisfied with Uncle Regulus's cooking, dad. Haven't had the home food in weeks!" Ron exclaimed. Sirius smiled at him then opened his arms to Harry.