Chapter 15

[Bakugo's POV]

The bitch quickly left as Present Mic announced me as the winner. Damn it... I didn't even get to see her face. Mostly because she was hiding it.

The staff came out to clean up after our huge mess. We really did wreck this place quite a bit. Some of them congratulated me and one of them asked me to leave the arena so that they could get on with the cleaning.

I shrugged and walked over to the exit that L/n went through. I went to the locker room to replace the shirt that the bitch burned off. After I got a clean shirt and got my phone, I walked back out and headed to the waiting room to see if I left anything there.

On the way, I met Shitty hair. "Bakubro! Congratulations on your win man!" He said and patted my back. But I couldn't hear him as my hearing focused on the soft sobs and whimpers that echoed through my head. My chest felt heavy as the crying suddenly got quiet as if she was forcefully stopping herself from crying. I heard sniffles and small whimpers but that's all.

Shitty hair and I turned the corner and two pairs of Bright red Wings came into view. L/n was here with Hawks. Hawks had a worried look on his face and I couldn't see L/n's. Her hair was cast over her face and blocked the view of her face. She had her hands in her pockets and her head hung low.

She quickly said something to Hawks that made him frown before she quickly started to walk away. I left Shitty Hair and ran past Hawks to catch up with her. But before I could get to her, she went into the girls restroom and locked the doors. I sighed and leaned on the wall next to the door.

"Oi stop being a coward! Come out and face me like you usually do instead of locking yourself in the fucking bathroom" I said out loud enough for her to hear. "Leave me the fuck alone will you!?" I heard her shout, her voice cracked as she held back a sob. My chest tightened as I heard her whimpers. "Fuck it.." I whispered to myself before banging on the door.

"L/n if you don't open in the next 30 seconds I will blast the door down! And you can be assured that I'm not fucking joking!" I yelled.

Why am I trying so hard tho...?

Is it because I wanna see her face..?

Or to make sure she's fucking okay...

The door suddenly slammed open revealing the shaking form of L/n. Her cheeks had dry tears, her lips were quivering even though she bit her bottom lip hard enough for it to bleed. Her wings were drooping and at it's smallest size, her eyes her bloodshot red and held only held two things. Humiliation and Defeat.

I acted on instinct and didn't even realize what I was doing when I pulled her by the arm and hug her smaller figure protectively. I felt her tense up but ease up a little afterwards. "Why..." I heard her. "What..?" I asked, not hearing what she said the first time. "I asked Why.. Did you hold back" she asked as she finally relaxed in my embrace.

That question made me realize. I didn't even know the reason why I held back. It was mostly like my mind was telling me... If I hurt her.. I'd never forgive myself. "I don't even fucking know... It was just.. A strong gut feeling that you normally can't avoid" I sighed.

L/n pulled away from me. She finally look at me. She pulled her hand back. I thought she was gonna close the bathroom door until she swung it forth with full force. Knocking the air out of me as she punched me in the guts.

"I fucking hate that I can't hate you..." She muttered before finally walking away. I froze in my place. I took a second to process what she said before I turned around and looked for her. She was no where to be seen. I sighed to myself and ran a hand through my hair before walking back towards the class 1A waiting room where the rest of the class should be waiting.

On the way back I saw pro hero Hawks spacing out as he leaned against the wall. I stopped walking and turned to him. "Oi" I called out. He snapped out of his daze and directed his attention to me. He gave me a teasing grin before he approached me. "Would you look at that, it's my little birdy's boyfriend~" he said and swung an arm around my neck and ruffled my already messy hair.

I swatted his hand away and asked, "where did she go?" He chuckled and smirked. "You didn't deny it~" he said in a sing song manner. "SHUT UP AND TELL ME!" I shouted, clearly done with his attitude. "Chill man, she said she needed to grab something from her locker before she goes back to the waiting room" he finally says.

I let out a Huff and decide to just let her be for now. Especially since she's clearly embarrassed about my way of beating her. I don't know what got over me. Normally I would hate to have someone go easy on me.. And the same way around.

But as soon as I looked at her I knew I would regret it if I hurt her like I hurt most of my other opponents.

I sighed and walked passed Hawks to go into the waiting room. "Hey Blasty" I heard him call. I felt my eyebrow twitch  as I processed the nickname. I snapped my head towards him and yelled. "Hah!? Say that one more time and I'll blast your fucking ass! We don't have that much of a gap in our ages so it won't be a fucking problem for me!!"

He ignored my threat and looked directly into my eyes. His normal smug grin was nowhere to be seen and he had a cold glint in his eyes. It sent chills down my spine as he glared daggers into my soul. "If you scar her more than she already is... I will end your whole carrier.. And maybe even you, depending on how bad you hurt her" he said with an edge to his voice.

With that, he turned and walked away without saying another word. Sweat rolled down the side of my face as I watched him disappear around the corner. I swallowed the saliva that gathered at my throat before shoving my hands in my pockets and turning to go into the room.

~~~

[Second person pov]

Heavy silence filled the room as you finally walked in after a long needed cool down break. All eyes we're on you, cautious. You looked around the room and saw that most chairs were occupied, except for one next to Bakugo and one next to Mina.

You didn't wanna deal with Bakugo right now so you started to make your way to the chair next to Mina. But you soon stopped as soon as you saw her flinch upon seeing your approaching figure. You sighed to yourself before backing away from her and walking over to Bakugo.

The class watched anxiously as you sat down next to Bakugo, who watched you with a curious yet emotionless expression on his face. The class didn't take their eyes off of the two of you and it was pissing you off.

"Do I have something of my fricking face that you rejects are staring so much!?" You finally snapped. The class flinched and quickly diverted their attention while Bakugo grinned slightly to himself as you were being normal. You had looked past your defeat and decided to look forward like you always do.