Chapter 23

"Would you look at that.. L/n Y/n is actually acting all cute in front of her soulmate~" an Obnoxiously loud voice exclaimed from behind you. Bakugo stared at you and then at Monoma, seeing your cheerful mood immediately souring and the smile dropping from your face.

You scoffed and decided to stoop a bit lower than you ever did. "Well at least I even have a soulmate" you rolled your eyes and turned around to look at him. You smirked, "I bet your soul mate still refuses to even acknowledge you" you said.

Monoma's face fell slightly but he tried to shrug it off. "I-" you cut him off. "Not that you would care anyways, you're too busy chasing someone who is clearly not interested in you and WAY out of your league" you voice dropped low as you glared at him. Monoma's face flushed in embarrassment as he stuttered out his denial.

"That's not true! There is no one out of MY league. All women love me-" he said but flinched and cut himself off when you suddenly shot up from your seat and went towards him, leaning in to whisper. "Then why haven't you got her yet? Why are you still single then? Huh? Why am I not your girlfriend then if you like me and think you're THAT great?" You asked making some of the other people who was eavesdropping, widen their eyes.

Even Bakugo was stunned. Whispers were heard around the cafeteria.

"Monoma of all people likes her??"

"Isn't she Bakugo's girlfriend tho?"

"She's Bakugo's Soulmate, man.."

"That's called chasing someone way out of your league"

"Doesn't he hate class 1A?"

"It was probably a lie to cover up his little crush on her.."

The whispers went on. Monoma gritted his teeth and looked down. The situation was all too nostalgic for him. It was only a few years ago when he had found himself in a similar situation.

'He should be ashamed..'

'He deserved it for sabotaging L/n tho'

'He sabotaged the one he likes.. What a bastard'

'I feel bad for L/n-chan.. He had to ruin everything for her..'

His shoulders trembled slightly. "Shut up.. You're just making use of what happened last time to guilt trip me.. I already apologized" his voice came out small compared to you. He turned on his heels and walked off, dumping his half eaten lunch in the bins before leaving the cafeteria.

A few students stared at you after he left but then carried on with what they were doing after you say back down in front of Bakugo. He stared at you for a few seconds before finally asking, "what the fuck was that about?"

You glanced up at him before chugging down your carton of juice. You saw that he had already finished his food so you gestured for him to follow you. His eyes followed your movement as you stood up and dumped your food into the bin and walked out the doors before he got up and followed you.

You went out of the school doors and waited for him there. Once he arrived, your wings sprouted from your back and you let them carry you up to the rooftop. Bakugo used his explosions and got himself up as well.

You sat on the edge and waited for him to sit down next to you, which he did eventually. He then looked at you and questioned again. "So.. Mind explaining?"

You shrugged and started your recall.

Flash back- few years back

"Daaaarlingg~" A voice called out to you from right outside the gym. You internally groaned upon hearing it. A blonde kid with blue eyes walked inside, holding a small envelope in one hand and his school bag in his other hand.