Chapter 16

[Second person pov]

You stood tall on the stage next to your soul mate who seemed to not like the idea of winning the festival. He had to get a muzzle on because he wouldn't stop screaming. You avoided looking at him at all costs cause you'll end up getting worked up.

All Might arrived a few minutes later and gave a talk which you zoned out. He first approached Tokoyami and Todoroki who shared the third place stage. He congratulated them and gave them a few words of encouragement before moving to approach you.

"Young L/n!-" he was cut off by your glare. He hesitated but decided to continue. You could tell that Bakugou was also listening as he had calmed down all of a sudden and wasn't making much noise as before. "Congratulations on winning Second place! You have a long path ahead of you.." He says. All you did was bite your cheek and look up at him. "You're a strong kid, and also going to get stronger in the future... So I advice you to never give up.. And never to lose hope as you have up till now.." He finished and patted your head before lifting up the medal to put it on you but you stopped him. "I don't want that damn piece of trash.." You grabbed it so that he won't out it on you. You scowled, "I'll take it when I rightfully earn it" You said.

All Might closed his eyes and gave you his usual smile. He put the medal on your hand before moving towards Bakugou. You huffed and put the medal in the pocket of your pants and looked over at your soul mate who was... Shouting out profanities at All Might. All Might tried to put the medal on his but he bit it and said that he doesn't want it.

All Might just left the medal and started another short speech which you missed cause you were too busy trying to make out what Bakugo saying in his head. After a few minutes of no progress you just shook your head and looked forward.

~~

The ceremony ended quickly and you headed towards the school gate where Hawks was waiting for you at. You had your hands in your pocket as you walked over looking more glum than ever. Taking one hand out of your pocket you ran it through your hair. "Hey Babybird.." He called out. You gave him a rare but strained smile as you approached him.

He was expecting you to just fly off but you leaned your head against his shoulder and let out a deep breathe. "I'm pathetic aren't I..?" You asked. Hawks couldn't reply and just stroked your hair, letting you calm down on your own. "It's Okay N/n..Second place is still a great success.. You can just try harder to beat his ass next year" he said and hugged you. "I guess that'll do.. What am I gonna say to the dorks back home then? That my Soulmate played it dirty for no good reason.." You said, hugging him back.

"That'll depend on how it goes, you just go with the flow" he said and pulled away. "Shall 𝘸𝘦 go now?"

You sighed and nodded. Hawks flapped his wings and flee into the air, waiting for you. Just as you were about to fly off you were stopped. "Oi! L/n!" You looked over your shoulder and saw Bakugo walking over. You looked back at Hawks and just waved him off. "I'll see you back home!" He nodded and flew off.

You took a deep breathe and turned to your soul mate, shoving your hands into your pockets. "What" you said with more hostility in your voice than it has ever had. Bakugo visibly flinched a little hearing the tone of your voice. "Oi don't come at me with that! You lost so now you do what I say, that was the deal" he sassed. "I know that. What do you want" You asked, sighing to yourself.

Bakugo looked you up and down with furrowed eyebrows and started walking towards you. You didn't take your eyes off him till he was a foot away from you. "Your number" he answered. "Why do you need that? We're soul mates, we have more than enough ways to communicate" you replied quickly. Bakugo gave you a smug smirk, "it's not that I need it, I just want it" he said.

You bit your cheek and held out your hand which he put his phone on Top. You inserted your number and handed back his phone to him. "Is that all..?" You asked as your eyes bore into his. "For now I believe so" He said, shoving his phone back into his pocket.

You didn't waste another second before flapping your wings and lifting off the ground.

"See you tomorrow dumbass" he muttered and turned his back before walking back to the door.

You were gonna fly away until you heard a quieter voice call "N/n.." You looked down to see Mei looking up at you expectedly.

'Oh yeah.. She did obey me after all's

Landing on your feet you stepped closer and put your hand on her head. You ruffled her hair and smiled slightly "You obeyed me.. Good girl~"

You heard a slight purr as you let go of her head. "If I'm being honest.. I tried my best to not punish that guy who was mean to you... I don't like him" she spoke a bit louder so that you could hear her clearly. "I know.. I kind of expected that anyways.." You said.

"N/n.. Do you even want me here..?" She asked, looking down at her feet. You could see her form shaking and her fists clenching. "...do you want my honest answer to that or the answer that sounds nice?" You asked in monotone.

"The truth.. Please" she spoke in a hushed manner. "In that case.. I don't want you here" You said without a single ounce of emotion in your voice. "Oh.." Was all Mui could say.

"Well.. In that case.. I guess I'll see you back home.." She said and backed away. You watched as she speed walked away from you.

Letting out a sigh, you finally spread your wings open and flew in the direction your cousin went in.

After a few minutes of flying, you see him sitting on the rooftop of your house. And without question, you flew over and sat down next to him in silence. However, the silence did not last long.

"He likes ya."

"Shut the fuck up, Keigo"