Chapter 21

Pops made you walk to school instead of riding your good as new, fixed up bike since Bakugo was gonna be walking as well. The walk was awkward. Ever since pops fixed them up in the bathroom there had been an awkward silence and you couldn't quite put a finger on why.

Your mind kept drifting off to the fact that he got hurt because of you despite your attempts of trying to find a distraction. And soon the words flew out of your mouth before you could stop yourself.

"I'm sorry"

Bakugo stopped in his tracks making you stop as well. You didn't want to look at him so you didn't. "What was that..?" He questioned, looking at the back of your head as you refused to turn and look at him. A few seconds passed and you repeated in a shaky voice. "I'm.. Sorry" you hated apologizing more than anything.

Apologizing is when someone acknowledges that they have done wrong or something not good. You hated when you're wrong. "Shut up" the words were firm as they left his mouth.

"It's my fucking fault for underestimating you dumbass.." He said and walked up to you.

"You've earned my respect either way.. I guess. You're strong, I admit it. But I'll work hard to give you a true taste of defeat" he claimed. "Sure thing pretty boy" You rolled your eyes with a small grin. Maybe he's not too bad after all.

He stared at your face for a few seconds then questioned. "How long did the side effects from the kiss last?" His blunt tone heated up your face a bit and you quickly glared at him. "Why are you bringing that up" you asked. "Just answer the question"

You pursed your lips and looked away with a click of your tongue. "Three hours" you answered him. He smirked slightly and then started walking to school without any further comments.

You furrowed your eyebrows at him but followed anyway. The rest of the walk to school was quiet.

~~

You both walked into class and the first thing you got were a few suggestive looks from your classmates. "What" you said rudely. Kaminari walked over and swung an arm around Bakugo's shoulder.

"Sero saw you both leaving the same house this morning, what's that about?" He asked teasingly. You only shut him up with a single glare.

"I believe that's none of your fucking business" Bakugo said and walked to his seat after slapping Kaminari's arm away. You didn't say anything and just headed back to your seat as well.

"Y/nnnnnn~" Mina whined. "Spill the teaaa sis, what happened?" She pressed. "I'm sure Midoriya said that Bakugo lives in the same direction as he does, so he doesn't live in that direction! So it must have been your house that you both exited today!" She analysed excitedly.

You put your pointer finger on her forehead and shaved her away. "Can't you use that fucking brain for anything actually useful?" You said, ignoring her question.

Thankfully, Aizawa came in before Mina could press any further about it. "Morning" he greeted and placed the files he was carrying on the table.

"Aizawa-sensei, I'm so happy you were able to remove your bandages" Tsuyu said.

"The old lady got over dramatic with her treatment.. But let's put that aside. Today's class is a little special" he said and looked at the students.

The dramatic moment of silence made you roll your eyes.

"It's time to formulate your code names! Your hero names!" He said sounding a little alive for once. Now this got you thinking. You've never actually thought about your hero name before. But it would be hard seeing as you have three quirks.

Aizawa continued to talk after making the class quiet. "This is related to the draft nominations I mentioned the other day. The nominations will truly start mattering only after you've gained some experience and your adaptable fighting ability is judged during your sophomore and senior years... In other words, the nominations you're getting this year are more akin to expressions of interest in your future potential"

Yaoyorozu spoke after he finished, "and that's not rare that that interest dries up by graduation.. Or simply unilaterally dropped" she said.

Mineta clenched his teeth and shook in his seat, "damn grown ups playing with our emotions" he said.

"So I guess the nominations we received are kinda like personal hurdles, then!" Hagakure chirped ignoring Mineta's sorrows.

"Yes, now the tally of nominations is as follows" Aizawa said showing the chart on the black board. You wandered your eyes across it and saw your name right below Bakugo's making you scoff slightly.

"Typically, the results are more balanced. But this year, all the attention leaned towards you three" Aizawa said as he gestured to Todoroki, Bakugo and your name on the top.

Todoroki                   3,687
Bakugo                      3,556
Y/n                              3,332
Tokoyami                  360
Iida got                      301
Kaminari                   272
Yaoyorozu                 108
Kirishima                  68
Uraraka                      20
Seri                             14

And the other's names were not on the board. The class started to talk again but this time you ignored them.

"Based on this.... Regardless of whether or not you received any nominations, I'll be having you all go get some so-called 'work-place experience" Aizawa said cutting off anyone who was still talking. Your focus was set on what he was saying cause you knew this meant having your first experiences on a hero's daily duties and such.

"Well, you've all dipped a toe in the world of the pros, unfortunately. But I think experiencing the activities of pros first hand will prove to be more effective training than before.

"AND CAUSE OF THAT WE NEED HERO NAME HUH!?" one of the 'extras' exclaimed. "Things have gotten fun all of a sudden!" 'Pink cheeks' said with an excited smile.

"Of cause, placeholder names are fine, too but something appropriate.. Because if not, it'll be hell from there" Aizawa explained seriously.

A new voice suddenly erupted from the door. "The names you pick now!" Midnight, the R-Rated hero walks in in her way too tight hero suit. Her hands behind her head as she hold an excited grin on her face. "The names you come to be known to the world as now! In many cases they stay after becoming pros!!" She said as she walked up to the teacher's table.

The second she walked in, all your interest in the class went out the window and you didn't bother listening to any thing else.