1: Monday

y/n:

I walked down the long hallway and I let my eyes wander over all the different rooms. Everything looked the same. The hallway was long, grey and it seemed dead. I saw nobody. Even all the rooms were empty.  I stopped walking when I came to the room with the number 33. I sighed and opened the door as I turned on the light. The room looked exactly the same as Friday, when I was the last time in my office. I walked over to my desk and placed my bag on the ground. I got my coffee out of my bag and turned on my pc before I leaned back in my chair and took a sip from my drink. 

When my pc was finally on I looked up what I had to do. I remembered that I was about to write a new article. I looked at the folder I made, and my eyes widened as I saw that the telephone number I had written down, was not there anymore. And I really need the number since it was the number of the man who had to tell me about the stuff I had to write an article of. I groaned and leaned back again. The day really started like a Monday. I sat back up again and got my phone. The number of my current employee was still on my phone, so I quickly called it. 

When I heard my phone dial the number my breath got heavier. Why the hell did I had to pick a job where you have to call people a lot? It was much easier to just write an e-mail but it would take way to long.  "Hello?" a deep man's voice said, what made me clearing my throat "Hello, it's y/n. y/n l/n, the woman who got the job of the pizzeria thing" "Oh yes, I remember. Well, is there a problem, or why are you calling me?" he asked. My fingers started to peel the skin off of my thumb. I was getting really nervous. "So, you gave me the number of that guy who could tell me everything about the pizzeria and, well, my computer didn't save what I wrote down. So I was wondering if you could give me the number again? I'm really sorry, it was really an accident and it won't happen again just-" 

"Don't worry, what about you write it down on a paper?" "I- uh- Yeah, yeah of course, give me a second" I said and looked around my desk. I had to have a pen and a paper anywhere. Luckily I found one. "Okay" I said. He quickly told me the number again and I wrote it down. "Okay thank you very much again, I promise it will not happen again" "Don't worry, really. If anything is wrong you can call me again" he said. "Alright, then thank you again. Bye!" I said and hung up. I placed my phone on the desk and took a few breaths in and out. Phone call's were really not my thing. 

After a while I got my phone again and dialed the number I've got from the guy who gave me the job. My fingers started to peel of the skin of my thumb again as I heard a man's voice. The guy had a deep voice and he seemed to be young, probably even my age. "Hello?" he asked. "Uh, hello. My name is y/n, y/n l/n. I wanted to write and article about your- No, pizzerias and I have to talk with you about some things, I guess you already heard of it?" "Oh yeah, I did. You seem pretty young, how old are you?" he asked. "I- I don't think I need I need to tell you that" I replied and laughed nervously. "But it won't hurt you. Come on" he said. I sighed "I'm 23 don't worry I'm old enough to do this work" "Oh, I'm 24" he said and I could particularly hear his smirk through the phone. This is going to be an annoying conversation.

<><><>

The conversation was exactly like I expected it to be. The guy on the phone barely talked about things that would help me with the article, but he flirted a lot with me. It was really disgusting. After about an hour of talking I heard someone screaming from another room in the office building. "What was that...?" I whispered. "Huh, what's wrong?" the man on the phone, who introduced himself as Jared, asked. I cleared my throat "I don't know, however, where were we?" I asked. He continued to talk and I looked down to my hands. My thumb was bleeding very much of how much I was peeling the skin off of it. I groaned silently and got a tissue to stop the bleeding. I already wasn't really listening when I heard someone yelling something really loud again, yet I couldn't understand what he was saying.

"Are you even listening?" Jared asked, and he even seemed pretty annoyed. "I- of course I am" I said. "Of course you are... okay so where did I stop? Oh right, so..." he continued his speech. This man was really pissing me off. I tried to write down as much as I could anyways, which was far too little to write a complete article of it though. "Okay, thank you very much. I think I have enough now" I said and ended the sentence I was currently writing. "Oh, already?" he asked with a played sad voice. "Yes, thank you very much for your, uh, friendliness" I said. 

He chuckled "At any time, my dear. Call me again" "Yeah, probably not. Bye!" I said and hung up. I lay my phone on my desk and leaned back. This phone call was enough for one day, but I knew that I had to start with that article today if want to finish it in time. Just as I wanted to start writing I heard someone yelling again. I tried to overhear it, but it happened again. And again. And again. Since I couldn't concentrate while there was someone yelling in a different room, and I really needed to work, I decided to walk over to him and ask him if he could speak a little quieter.

So I walked out of my office and to the next room. Before I knocked on the door though my anxiety got me. I couldn't speak to someone who I don't even know. I've never met this person before so how should I tell him that he has to be quieter? I didn't even dare to look through the window that was next to the door to see what he was doing, because I was scared that he could see me. I just walked back to my office and sat back down. And there was it again. He was still yelling. I just tried to focus on my work and not to listen to this guy. It was hard but eventually it worked and could get a bit of my work done. Around 4pm the yelling stopped. Even though it was annoying I was worried for a second why it stopped. But I just guessed that whatever person it was, left. I sighed and was happy that I probably could get a bit of work done, before I had to go back home.

<><><>

I enjoyed the quietness, and since I didn't hear anything since 4pm and got a lot work done. All in all the Monday wasn't as bad as I first expected. At 6pm I got really tired, so I decided to end my work. I made sure that I saved everything correctly and got all my stuff. I then stood up and walked out of my office, quickly locking the door and walking back trough the hallway to the exit. At my neighbors office I stopped for a moment. I looked through the window and saw two huge pc monitors and a couch. The guy who worked at this place seemed to have a lot money and quite a weird job, since he was yelling all the time, and he was definitely new.

I quickly got out of my thoughts and walked out of the building. It was a pleasant warmth outside, which was because it was late summer. I quickly made my way back to my flat, which was luckily only ten minutes away from the office building. When I arrived I opened the door and put off my shoes and let my fall onto the sofa. It looked like my roommate wasn't at home, as so often, and they also didn't cook anything. I decided not to cook anything, nor to order something, since I wasn't hungry anyways. I guessed that Sky, my roommate, was out with their friends or something, so they weren't here. I just decided on watching a movie  before I went to bed, exhausted from my long day at work.

<><><><><><><><><><>

(1511 words)

Hello there dear Reader! This is finally my new Wilbur Soot x Reader chapter I hope you enjoyed reading the first chapter. I was trying to put a bit more effort into this story than into my last one, but for the first chapter I don't think it worked pretty good... I can ensure you though, that it'll get better throughout the further chapters. Alright, thank you for reading:)

- Luma