Die From a Broken Heart (FP)

"Why can't you leave things alone? I am just having a few drinks with the guys and I'll be home." He yelled at me "will you keep your damn voice down, the kids are sleeping." I growled back at my husband who glared at me grabbing his serpent's jacket pulling it on. "Where are you going?" I asked he didn't say anything as he walked out the door slamming it behind me causing our 2 year old daughter to wake up screaming. I sighed before going into the kids bedroom seeing Jughead trying to sooth his sister "mommy what happened?" he asked as I sat down on the bed pulling him and Jellybean into my lap "nothing baby, you don't need to worry about it." I said rocking my two children Jellybean had stopped crying at this point, "where's daddy?" Juggie asked, holding Jellybean's hand in his. I sighed "he had something he needed to do, he'll be home later." I said hoping I didn't just lie to my son. FP drove their old truck to the Wyrm sitting in the driver's seat just staring at the building, not being able to bring himself to get out of the vehicle. After sitting with the kids I layed us all down on Juggies bed the kids on either side of me as I layed there and let my tears roll down my cheeks as the whole fight replayed in my mind, I tried to keep my sobs quiet so as to not wake the kids up. But apparently I had failed as Jughead sat up "what's wrong mommy?" he asked I tried to calm my tears but they wouldn't stop "mommy's just sad baby, it's ok." I whisper to him. FP drove home seeing all lights in the trailer off, he got out of the truck and walked into the trailer trying to keep quiet but he heard murmurs from the kids room he walked closer to the room hearing his son and wife whispering "did daddy make you cry?" he heard his son ask he held his breath waiting to hear his wife's reply. "No Juggie, your daddy is a good man, he's just made some bad choices." She said "but daddy was yelling." he said with concern "oh that was because of a misunderstanding." she said, FP frowned as he sat outside the door feeling his heart break at the fact that his wife was protecting him even though he was a complete ass to her. "So you still love each other?" Juggie asks his mom, FP held his breath as tears threatened to fall as he waited for his wife to answer "of course we still love each other, I will always love your daddy." she yawned "baby it's late you have school tomorrow." she said, kissing her son's forehead before getting up tucking the kids in before leaving the room. I jump, seeing FP sitting on the floor, tears rolling down his cheeks "when did you get home?" I whisper, causing him to look at me "why did you cover for me?" he asked standing up as we walked into our room "I'm not going to have our kids hate their father." I say as I get ready for bed. FP walks over to me turning me to face him "I love you and I'm so sorry." he whispered hugging me close to him.

(Sorry this one kinda sucks. ~Steph)