Always (FP)

(This is in his pov)

I've done some stupid things in my life, but letting the love of my life go has got to be the absolute stupidest. I  drove up the path, I parked my truck taking a deep breath as I grabbed the bouquet of y/f/f. I got out of the truck, I slowly make my way over to the spot. I kneel down setting the flowers down by the grave stone that reads

Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n

March 27 1970 - July 26 1991

Loving daughter, girlfriend and friend

I sigh as I look at the stone "I miss you." I say knowing that she can't hear me but I still need to say it. "I'm so sorry that I couldn't save you." I say before I start to cry "dad you okay?" Jugheads voice asks from behind me, I turn "what are you doing here Jug?" I ask looking at the boy "I followed you." He says sitting down beside me, "you still love her don't you?" He asks me, I sigh "I always will." I say. Jughead looked at me "why did you move on then?" He asks me, I looked at him "I guess I should tell you the story." I say as he nods "well I met Y/n when I was 7 and she was 6 turning 7, we became the best of friends. When we got to high school we both realized that we liked each other so we started dating. She was a cheerleader and I was on the football team." I said seeing Jug nod his head "we dated all through high school, I joined the serpents as you already know. Well Y/n was debating if she wanted to join her as well." I explained to him. "Unfortunately Y/n had caught the eye of Nick Quinn who is Malachais father. He was also the first leader of the Ghoulies, Nick had become obsessed with Y/n and was trying everything to get her." I said trying to hold down my anger. "Wait really?" Jughead asks I nod "yeah, of course we as the serpents were protecting her, Nick wanted to start a fight with us and he also threatened Y/n so of course we agreed to it. What we didn't know was that they had planned to take her." I explained "so what happened is that Nick came after me and I was protecting Y/n but his second in command grabbed her and started dragging her away and as I went to get her Nick shot at me but missed and it hit her instead." I sighed wiping my tears that had rolled down my cheeks. "Wait did she get to graduate?"He asks "yes, we had just graduated." I said. "So why did you end up with mom?" He asks "Y/n would have wanted me to move on and if I didn't you and JB wouldn't be here." I said with chuckle.