Lips Of An Angel (Skeet)

(Based off the song by Hinder)

I sat on the floor in my room going through old photo albums seeing pics from when Skeet and I were together and from before we were dating when we were just friends. "I miss you." I sigh, picking up a bottle of Jack taking a long gulp. I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts stopping at his name, I pressed the call waiting for him to answer or to send me to voicemail "Y/n?" His voice rang through the phone "are you okay?" He asked "I'm fine, I'm sorry I called you." I say getting ready to hang up "no, I'm glad you did." He whispered "I miss hearing your voice." He admitted "why are you whispering?" I ask confused and he sighed "well Ana is in the next room." He admitted in a whisper I rolled my eyes "I knew this was a bad idea." I say but not able to bring myself to hang up the phone, I just started to cry knowing that he has someone else.  “Honey, why are you crying?” he asks his voice soft “I miss you Skeet, why did we ever split?” I sob, I hear his breath hitch before he starts to speak “I don’t even know. But I can honestly say I never really moved on.” he said  “but aren’t you with what’s his name?” he asked, I laughed humorlessly “he was a dick with a huge ego.” I said “can I be honest with you?” he asked, I debated if I wanted to hear what he had to say, “sure.” I sniffed while taking a drink from the bottle beside me “I was jealous when you started to date him, and I wish Ana was you.” he said softly, my breath caught in my throat at his words “Skeet..” I tried to say but I couldn’t find the words “you can’t say that.” I said after finding my voice. “I can and I do.” he said his voice held nothing but confidence in it. “Where are you?” he asks after a couple minutes “my apartment why?” I ask as I hear yelling then a car door slam “Skeet what’s going on?” I ask “I’ll be right there.” he says as the call drops. I pull myself up off the floor taking my bottle of Jack and going into the kitchen to grab some water to help sober me up a bit as I hear a knock at the door. I opened it to find Skeet standing there “he..” I start to say as he pulls me into a kiss, I kiss him back as my arms go around his neck pulling myself closer to him “you still have the lips of an angel.” he smiles as we pulled away “talk about cheesy.” I joke as we walk into my apartment.