Sober (FP)

I stood behind the bar, watching the man I had loved for so long drink himself stupid. I rolled my eyes as he came stumbling up to the bar "two more" He slurred out leaning against the top. I shook my head "sorry boss, no can do." I said grabbing my things walking around the bar to his side "we're heading home." I said grabbing his arm, he groaned as I took his arm putting it around my shoulders helping to keep him upright. "Toni, I'm taking him home." I called to my best friend who looked at me with sympathy but nodded her head. I walked the man outside only then realizing I brought my bike "shit." I groaned as I thought about just walking "truck." FP mumbled in a slur, I looked at the man then over to his parking spot to see his truck. I sighed in relief before walking the man over to it. I helped him into the passenger seat "I drive can Y/n." FP slurred out causing me to shake my head and laugh "right, well still not going to happen Yoda." I said closing the door going to the drives side, I got in seeing that he had fallen asleep with his head on the window snoring, "why do you do this?" I sighed. I started the truck heading to the trailer park, I cursed seeing the lights on "looks like the kids home." I mumbled as I got out, going around to get the drunk one. I made it up to the door opening it to see Jughead sitting at the table writing. "Oh look, what a surprise, he's drunk again." He said rolling his eyes at his father, I sighed "Jughead cut it out."I said as I dragged FP into his room laying him on his side before going and grabbing him some painkillers and water. "Why are you helping him?" Jughead asked me as I placed the things on the nightstand "I'm helping him, because I have loved this man since I was 16 years old, if it wasn't for him I would most likely be either dead or worse a ghoulies bitch." I said looking at the boy "what'd you mean?" Jughead asked obviously confused "my parents died when I was around 10 years old, I was supposed to be put in a foster home, well I ran away. I found the Wyrm and the Serpents,  your dad took me under his watch well with the help of Hogeye and Mustang since your mom wasn't a fan of me especially with your dad getting ready to leave for the army." I explained Jughead nodded "so after he came back things went back to normal and it was like he never left at that point I was 13 years old when your parents got married, I started noticing things about him that I hadn't before but I pushed it aside. At 14 or 15 they had you and at 16 that's when I realized I am in love with a married man that is trying to start his own family. I knew nothing could happen so I never tried anything, but that's why I watch over him and make sure he gets home." I said, Jughead sighs "yeah well he'll never change" he says I growl "neither will you Jughead, you treat him like absolute crap, well guess what it was your mother's choice to leave, it wasn't your father's. Your mom didn't want to deal with everything going on, she ran away like the damn coward that she is, maybe if she tried to help your dad instead of leaving, maybe things would be different for you. But I'm sorry you can't just stand there and blame everything on your dad when you know your mom is just as much at fault." I said seeing the shocked look on the boys face then noticing his eyes turned to beside me. I turned my head seeing FP sitting up looking at me "weren't you asleep?" I ask he smirks and nods "yeah, thanks for not letting Yoda drive." He jokes I blush "wait, you're not drunk?" Jughead asks confused "a little drunk but not drunk drunk." His dad replies. I look away from the man realizing that he probably heard every word I said. "Jug, I promise I am going to work on becoming sober." FP said slowly getting up and going over to the boy, "I talked to Mr. Andrews he said you could have your job back if you wanted to come talk to him." Jughead said, FP sighed but nodded "Alright." He said as he held out his hand to his son but Jughead pulled him into a hug. I smiled at the two as I went to leave "where do you think you're going?" FP asked, I turned "I figured I would head back to work." I shrugged. He laughed "Let's go for a walk." He said leading me out of the trailer, he lead me to this garden in the trailer park, I looked around at the different fairy lights "I remember this place." I smiled sitting down on a bench "I'm surprised it still looks the same." I admitted as FP smiled down at me "of course, I kept it just the way we set it up." He said. I smiled "so you heard everything right?" I asked him as he sat beside me. FP smiled taking my hand "yeah, I did. A little purple haired birdie told me that you have loved me for a long time so I wanted to hear it from you." He admitted. I groaned "Topaz." I sigh before looking at him "yeah, I'm in love with you." I added.