Castor Remembers

5 Castor Remembers

Handing Castor a drink, Arryn sat beside him, "My Uncle just updated me, but there's no information so far. I'm still wondering how this could happen."

With a hand on Arryn's thigh, Castor gently squeezed. "I'm so sorry, Arryn. I can't comprehend what you must be feeling."

"That's ok; I just appreciate you being here. I don't know what I would be doing," pausing for a drink, "This..." pointing to himself and then Castor, "almost seems like divine intervention."

Arryn's words comforted Castor because it genuinely did feel like this was fate. Working at that event for his friend led him to Arryn. He felt like he was in a dream. There was still a lot he didn't know about Arryn. He could tell Arryn was older than him and definitely from a wealthy family. They both loved ancient history, being near the ocean, and, oddly enough, comic books.

Castor realized that he hadn't even looked at his phone since yesterday. He figured his dorm mate, maybe wondering where he was. This would be the first time he never returned or gave a heads up about being away.

"Arryn, I just realized that I never let anyone know that I wasn't going back to the dorms last night."

"Oh, no, I am sorry...it's my fault. I have been in such a daze and keeping you to myself.

"No... no... it's not your fault." setting down his glass, Castor cupped Arryn's hands in his, "you have been so good to me, even though I'm sure you have so much on your mind, wondering where your parents are."

Arryn leaned in and gently kissed Castor, "I know I will have my days full in the days to come. Tomorrow I want to go to my father's office to get ready for Monday."

With a gentle, reassuring squeeze of his hands, Castor said, "I wouldn't expect you to have much time for me... "

Arryn cut Castor off, "No, I will make time for you."

Castor smiled, "I believe you want to, but, Arryn, I also know you will be busy. Also, we just are getting to know each other.''

"That may be true, Castor, but you mean more than a mere casual acquaintance to me. And I want you to become even more to me and I to you."

Castor was nervous, having never been in a long-term committed relationship. Now he was with someone so handsome, beautiful, thoughtful, and patient. He wasn't sure where to begin. Nor even what to say to his friends about meeting Arryn. Let alone being in a relationship with him, "You are becoming someone very special to me, and I want to be with you more, but I will be patient."

"Same, Cas, so tonight, can you please stay with me again?" Arryn asked, not wanting to be alone in his thoughts.

"Yes, I would like that." Castor sighed contently, "let me grab my phone and let others know that I am ok and will be home tomorrow."

"Yes, of course!"

Castor saw over 20 missed calls and several more unanswered texts. He had no idea how worried Ryan or Cory would be. Castor figured he would simply explain that he was well and see them tomorrow for lunch.

Of course, those two will have many questions, but they will have to wait. Arryn needed him, and Castor realized how good that felt, not merely being used. Arryn made him feel like his equal and appreciated. He knew Arryn respected him, which made it possible to trust him.

While Castor was busy on the phone, it set into Arryn that he hadn't revealed to also being a half celestial. Arryn was a rare halfling in that there were things such as being able to spot a celestial, halfling, or human without being told. Arryn thought that he should tell Castor right away. He hoped to put Castor at ease, knowing he could reveal his true self safely.

Arryn removed his shirt and released a pair of iridescent wings from his shoulder blades. They were larger than anyone he knew, and he let them spread out across the room. Castor walked in and, to his surprise, yelled, "ARRYN! What the fuck?"

Castor's complexion went pale at the sight of Arryn with his wings out. Castor's booming voice caused Arryn to jump back, startled. His wings closed with the jump, but they remained exposed on his back. "I wanted to tell you."

"Tell me what, are you some sorta Bird Person!?" Castor snapped, confused.

"What, don't be silly...a bird person? Really?! So, what do your wings look like?" Arryn frowned, feeling hurt.

"What wings?" Castor fell to the ground, fading out.

Arryn was fast enough to get across the room and catch Castor as he fainted. Arryn had his wings slide into his back, leaving no trace. Carrying Castor in his arms, he brought him into the bedroom and laid him on the bed. Carefully Arryn checked his vitals and covered him with blankets.

Arryn knew his wings were different from others, but no one had ever reacted like this before. Something had to be off, or... had Castor not known that Celestials were real...

Castor's mind was shattering, flooded with images from his forgotten childhood. He wanted to wake up. He wanted to see Arryn. He wanted to feel safe and understand what he was seeing. Who were these people with him in these memories? Why couldn't he remember?

Castor could hear a soothing melodic voice singing in his mind. Being drawn to the voice, he felt any tension slip right away. A sense of peace, so serene, flooded over Castor.

Lulling Castor awake, Arryn held Cas in his lap, singing an old Gaelic blessing of healing. Arryn felt Castor open his mind to him. He realized his mind had been harmed and a wall formed blocking out his real childhood.

Castor hadn't remembered that he was a halfling. Arryn revealing his Angelic self had unlocked Castor's lost memories. Overwhelmed with so many emotions, Castor cried heavily as he woke up. A release of emotions flooded out of him. He felt safe and comforted in Arryn's arms.

Ending the song, Arryn leaned down to kiss Castor's forehead.

Beginning to calm down, Castor looked up to Arryn, "I... never knew..."

Speaking softly, Arryn explained," Your memories had been blocked. I'm sorry that I didn't use more caution. I am here for you, to care, to listen, and even answer your questions..." smiling softly, "...at least help you find answers."

"I'm just still trying to process things. Thank you..." Castor answered.

"Take your time, please. If you want to be alone, I can go to the other room."

Castor reached up to stop Arryn, "No... please stay. I can't imagine not having you here with me right now.''

"You only need to rest; I am not going anywhere... as long as you let me stay," Arryn reassured Castor.

Holding Castor lying down in his bed, Arryn's mind wandered, going over the day's events. It was surreal that he had only just met this young man in his arms. He felt as if he'd always known Castor. Arryn firmly believed they found each other right when they needed one another.