Ryan's Concern

45 Ryan's Concerned

It was late at night, and Arryn was sound asleep beside Castor. Castor wasn't sleeping well and noticed a phone call he missed. Curious why Ryan had called, Castor got out of bed and sat on a chair on the far side of the room.

Castor quietly called Ryan, hoping everything was all right.

Ryan was relieved and answered the call quickly, "Castor, is that really you?"

"Hey Ryan, it's me. Is everything OK?" Castor asked in a quiet voice.

"Castor, Cory, and I are wondering if you would know why we are being followed?" Ryan asked.

Castor, who was groggy, tried to understand what Ryan was asking, "Bro, why are you asking me?"

"Corey and I wonder if it has to do with the attack on you?" Ryan explained nervously.

"Hmm... It could be that those following are hoping for you both to lead them to me?" Castor suggested.

"Dude! What kind of trouble are you in!" Ryan snapped

out in concern.

"It's not about me, but where I work and the family I work for." Castor rambled, trying to figure out what he could say.

"I thought your boyfriend was not a crime boss. Was

that a lie?" Ryan grumbled.

"No, he is an Archeologist and travels the world kinda like Indiana Jones..." Castor felt stupid comparing his boyfriend to a movie character.

Ryan frowned, "Are you telling me that this is about some ancient artifact, and bad guys are trying to get it..." Ryan laughed in disbelief.

"Well... yes... it's something like that. Now I'm worried about you and Corey. They may think you know where Arryn and I are. I can have someone check why you are being followed and keep you both safe.'' Castor offered.

"You do know how crazy all of this sounds? Right?" Ryan asked.

"Yes, yes, I do, and I'm sorry. I wish I could be there helping you." Castor answered.

"Do you really? I thought we would always be as close as when we were younger. I thought we would grow old together. Have you been so blind? Because I love you so much but couldn't get the courage to tell you."

Castor grew silent, "I love you, Ryan, as a brother. Perhaps there was a time I thought I did like you, but I don't feel that way anymore."

Ryan was crushed, embarrassed, "I couldn't compete with this new guy in your life...."

"Ryan, you have been such a good friend and always there for me. However, even if I wasn't with Arryn now, I could only offer you friendship." Castor wished he could be there to comfort Ryan but knew he had no right to comfort his friend.

"I gotta go... Just stay safe, OK?" with that said, Ryan ended the call.

Castor sat there in the darkness, feeling numb. He wondered if he would ever hear from his friend again.

Arryn had woken up and sensed that Castor wasn't doing well. Quietly Arryn slid out of bed and headed towards Castor. Cas looked up and saw his lover approaching. Arryn knelt in front of Castor and held Cas's hands.

Looking up, Arryn smiled softly, "My Luv, what pains you? Please let me be here for you."

Castor looked down and felt tears well up in his eyes, "I hurt...my friend. I sounded so cruel."

Arryn gently squeezed Castor's hands, "You didn't want to hurt your friend. Sometimes no matter how much we want to avoid causing someone pain, it just can't be helped. It doesn't mean you are cruel unless you intended to be?"

Squeezing his eyes and letting the tears flow, "I keep wondering if I could have handled this better."

"I love how big of a heart you have. I don't know what all was said, but I do know you. You would have handled any situation dealing with those you care about with love and compassion." Arryn smiled and leaned up, kissing Castor on the nose.

"Ryan confessed to me that he was in love with me and how he imagined us growing old together...." Castor shook his head, "How come I never realized he had these feelings? Did I somehow mislead him into thinking I felt the same?"

"My Luv, this isn't your fault. He never told you, and he should be upset with himself for never being honest about his feelings." Arryn smiled softly, "I sometimes wonder if I didn't gather the courage that night we met to kiss you and ask you out, how I would have been able to handle all that has happened if you weren't in my life."

Castor nodded, "My heart stirred when I first saw you. I was so drawn to you and almost hesitated to join you out back when you were smoking. But then you asked me to stay. I couldn't say no. I knew this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

Arryn stood up and signaled for Castor to do the same. Castor let Arryn lead him back into bed.

Castor found himself pulled into a big embrace. Arryn pulled Castor to him and held him close. Snuggled up in Arryn's arms, he felt a warmth and love flow through.

"This pain will lessen with time. Cry if you need to. I will hold you safe in my arms." Arryn whispered.

Castor snuggled in and let the tears flow. It felt liberating and was cleansing. Arryn held Cas close throughout the night as they drifted off to sleep.