The Tables have Turned

6 The Tables Have Turned

"My Intel says that the Quinns' have canceled their meeting in Cairo." Nimue purred, sipping a cup of tea.

Seth sat next to Nimue at the table out on the deck. There was a cool breeze outside in the courtyard. The small table was under a white awning keeping the sun out. Seth and Nimue were having a cup of tea going over the business.

"Something must have caused them to cancel..." Seth thought out loud.

Grinning, Nimue slid her leg along Seth's leg under the table, "They disappeared ... over the Bermuda triangle."

"That's almost too cliche!" Seth laughed.

"I know," Nimue giggled.

"We need to make sure they are gone and figure out who they were supposed to meet?" Seth frowned, setting down his cup of tea.

Sighing heavily, "I know the point of contact, but our team hasn't been able to learn much more."

Seth, clearly annoyed, "Get them on it! And I expect results in a week!"

Nimue stood up, "Yes, my Love, I will relay your instructions immediately."

With that said, Nimue left Seth sitting out there. She headed inside to the garage and took off in her car. She wished Seth had been more appreciative but knew he would never change.

Racing through traffic Nimue turned up the radio and headed to the office.

With the Quinn's MIA, TWC will topple. Sure, she knew of Arryn, their adopted son. Arryn had never shown interest in running things. Nimue was sure that he wouldn't want to now.

Nimue heard how the Quinns adopted because they wanted a family but couldn't get pregnant. There had been many rumors about their adopted son. From saying he was just a mere human to being half daemon. No one could figure out where they got this baby for a couple who were half Angel.

Nimue had met their son, Arryn, a couple of times. She remembered him being very handsome, quiet, and intimidating.

He may not have been the type to settle down and work for "daddy." Nope, he had become trouble for Nimue and Seth.

He managed to retain items of great power, priceless relics, all before they could. This time was going to be different. Nimue smiled, thinking how TWC would be distracted and leaderless.

She was certain Arryn would not step up in his father's place, and the focus would be on finding the Quinns and the others on the plane.