Confronting Henry

14 Confronting Henry

Arryn pulled up to his new spot and parked his car.

"Thank you for picking me up," Castor grinned, getting out of the car.

"I can most days. If you want me to," Arryn offered, taking Castor's free hand.

Castor was getting used to holding hands with Arryn. He had never thought much of PDA but realized it made him feel special. While by his side, he talked, "I will pack up my desk and have my things sent up. Then join you up there too."

Arryn knew Castor was nervous about facing Henry. He wanted to help empower Castor. Henry needed to quit being condescending, " My dear, don't let Henry concern you. Stand up for yourself. You earned your internship here and this promotion."

Chuckling nervously, "When you put it like that. I suppose I shouldn't let Henry bother me."

"Good," the Elevator doors opened, and they stepped in, "I saw my uncle and cousin last night. I have a lot to go over with you what transpired."

"Any leads?" Castor asked.

Arryn shook his head, "I know at least where not to look."

Castor turned and faced Arryn, reaching up to caress his face, "That is a better start than nothing," Castor pulled Arryn towards him for a kiss.

Leaning down into an embrace, Arryn parted his lips to accept the kiss.

The elevator chimed, opening the doors. Ignoring the doors, Arryn and Castor finished their kiss and gazed silently into each other's eyes.

Karla passing by the entrance to the Archeology Dept, noticed Arryn and Castor in the elevator. She kept going straight to her office and shut the door.

Castor waved to Arryn as he walked away, not noticing Karla. Arryn watched him as the elevator doors closed.

Before going to his old desk, Castor stopped and grabbed a cup of coffee at the reception desk's coffee bar. No cream and no sugar, just black, is how Castor made it this time. Once at his desk, Castor noticed that Henry was headed toward him.

Castor was gathering a few of his personal items from his desk to put inside a box when he greeted Henry, "Morning, Mr. Brewer; I will be out of here in a few."

"You really think you can just move up without any real hard work," Henry glared.

Castor felt his confidence sink, "No, Sir, I want to earn my way up by working hard."

"Oh, was that what you were doing yesterday when you didn't come back as I told you to," Henry sneered, disgusted, "working really hard, were you?"

Castor knew what Henry was insinuating, which angered him, "You need to stop!" Castor snapped, surprising Henry, "I will not sit back and have you belittle me. Nor will I allow you to smear my character and that of Arryn's with your perverse innuendos!"

Enraged by Castor's tone, Henry darted forward, trying to intimidate him, "Don't you dare," Henry moved up in Castor's face, "talk to me like that, you little shit."

Karla could hear the argument and decided not to intervene. Those two have been at odds for months. This blow-up was bound to happen.

Castor stood still, unflinching. Arryn was right; he just needed to stand his ground, "Fuck! Off!" Henry froze, shocked, "I have had enough. Unlike you, I have worked my ass off going to university full time, and I managed to hold a full-time job at the same time. I worked hard so that I could even go to university. I competed academically to win this internship over 100's, all vying for this job. Don't ever accuse me of being lazy or taking any shortcuts."

Henry turned red, shaking angrily, "So as I said, you sure must've worked real ... Hard... yesterday, to get promoted so quickly."

Castor scowled, "Jealousy doesn't look good on you," He narrowed his eyes and quieted his voice. Castor continued, "There will be no more innuendos, and you will use a better tone; when addressing me in the future."

Henry was growing impatient with Castor's attitude, "I am your senior, and you will..."

Castor stopped Henry mid-sentence, "Listen to me very carefully. I am now your superior. Like it or not, that is how it is," Castor paused, glaring at Henry, "And I never want your lips to ever say anything inappropriate about Arryn... our CEO ever again."

"Using his first name, are you? Bet you wouldn't be so bold if he were right here," Henry challenged.

"Do you really want to know what I would say or do if he was right here?" Castor countered.

Henry nodded.

"Yes, I would address him as Arryn, and I may even hold his hand or have an arm around his waist," Castor declared.

Surprising Henry with such a brazen confession, "I have no idea what has gotten into you..."

"You have gloated over me. Shoved in my face how you have had the upper hand for months. I'm done with the disrespect. Now leave me alone so I can finish up here. My Boyfriend is upstairs waiting for me."

Stuttering, Henry stepped back, "You... You... aren't going to deny..."

Castor moved fast, waving a hand towards Henry to scare him, "No, I didn't seduce anyone yesterday to get this promotion. And the details of my relationship with Dr. Arryn Quinn are none of your business."

Karla opened her door, hoping to diffuse the situation, and headed to the coffee bar.

Taking notice of Karla, Henry turned and walked away. Castor finished up and requested the facilities team to come and move his things.

Karla strode over to Henry's desk and stopped standing over him, "That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard or seen."

Henry cowered, knowing he messed up, "Rub it in, why don't you."

"Don't give me lip. You didn't see our Mr. Tsitak kissing our new CEO Interim!" Karla snapped.

"You saw them. What?" Henry, shocked, dropped his coffee in his lap and jumped, burning himself.

"Go clean up," Karla dismissed him, "Dr. Quinn is a very private man. I'm sure Castor just shot himself in the foot with his confession. Still, don't give Castor any trouble."

"Fine, I'll keep my head down and bide my time," grumbled Henry heading out to change.