Finding Answers

22 Finding Answers

"No one quit. "Castor pointed out to Arryn while they ate breakfast.

"For now..." Arryn sighed.

"Aliyah, Zahra, and Benjamin all seem to be getting along. Staff are curious as to why there are these sudden changes." Castor explained, sipping his cappuccino.

"No one should be afraid of these changes. "Arryn affirmed.

"Unless they have been up to no good," Castor added.

"Precisely, my dear!" Arryn leaned in for a kiss. Castor moved in closer, kissing Arryn deeply.

Ding Dong rang the intercom, startling both Aryan and Castor. It was Amelie calling to transfer a call from Director Blake.

Arryn frowned, annoyed, "I'm not available for calls. Send him to voicemail, please."

Amelie's voice came across the speaker, "Yes, Sir, I will do so." click and the call was disconnected.

"Oh! Did I tell you he reached out to congratulate me on this promotion?" Castor explained.

"He did?" Arryn asked, puzzled, "I mean, you said he did; it's just not like him."

Castor shrugged, "I don't know what to tell you. I just know It was unexpected. Dir. Blake always had Brewer or another reach out for him."

Arryn sat up, crossing his legs. Castor's mind wandered, thinking about Arryn only wrapped in a towel at his waist.

Noticing Castor's far-off gaze, Arryn cleared his throat, saying, "Penny for your thoughts."

Castor snapped out of it fast and blushed profusely. "Sorry, I was momentarily lost in my thoughts.

Arryn rolled his eyes, "Is that so?"

Castor couldn't garner the courage to tell Arryn he was imaging him naked! "I want to talk about a theory I have that may help us find your parents."

"Oh, did that old Tome you find help?" Arryn asked hopefully.

"I found that there may be an interdimensional gateway located somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle. I'm not sure the cause of it, but the myth is that there are 2 guardians who watch over the gateway. They seem to be very old, ancient deities."

Arryn noticed how animated Castor was explaining what he discovered. "Hmmm..." Arryn contemplated, "These guardians. If we find them, we may find my parents and staff."

"Right! I believe the guardians' names are La Sirene and Agwe."

"I may know someone who could possibly be of help to learn more about them." Arryn felt like he may get answers finally.

This felt like a plausible lead for a break in the case. Arryn contacted his uncle and set up a time to meet up."

Holding Castor's hands, Arryn smiled, "Job well done, Cas. I don't know how I would be dealing with all of this without you."

Castor hushed, "Arry, I wish I could do more for you..."

Arryn tilted Castor's chin up and leaned down to kiss him sweetly, "You are doing more than I could ever hope for."

While scrolling through notifications, Castor noticed an incoming message from Dir Blake, "Arry, Dir. Blake is back in town. He is hoping to schedule a meeting with you."

Arryn leaned back in his chair, propping his feet on the desk, "Of course, he would." Castor leaned over and lit Arryn's cigarette, "Lunch tomorrow at 1pm at the O'Hara."

"Ok, I will let the Director know and see to everything is ready for lunch." Castor noted on his tablet, "I will let you know when he confirms."

"Very good and clear the rest of the day's schedule for both of us. We will be working from my place tomorrow." Arryn took a long drag, closing his eyes, thinking.

"I will let Amelie know we will not be present in the office but will be working off-site." Castor made a few more notes. "If that is all, I will take off for class."

"Cas, can you come over tonight after class and stay the night?" Arryn asked with a sly grin.

Castor chuckled to himself, "I'll head over after class."

Arryn had finished his cigarette and grabbed another. Which Castor took from him just after Arryn had lit it. Grinning, Castor smoked it and mumbled, "Thank you."

Arryn laughed, "Get out of here." Arryn teased, realizing how cute and adorable Castor could be, "See you tonight."

Castor winked and left, enjoying Arryn's cigarette. Arryn found Castor simply irresistible and felt happy even amidst the worry and sadness in his life. He noticed a few of Castor's Angelic gifts and hoped that they could go over them tomorrow.

Arryn felt terrible that he had not had time to work on training and learning his abilities. 'This weekend, I will take him to my family's home,' Arryn thought to himself.