Good Enough & Hostages

63 Good Enough

Gerald and Allen met Castor and Arryn at the remote airfield. They had the compass with them. Neither Gerald nor Allen felt safe leaving it behind where they had been sleeping. Castor came running down the steps out of the plane, excited to see Allen and Gerald again. The men embraced, greeting one another.

Arryn descended the steps wearing a white button-up shirt and a brown kilt. Strapped to his back was the sheath that held The Sword of Khaos. Mortals wouldn't be able to see the sheath and sword.

Gerald hugged Arryn, so happy to see his cousin. Allen smiled and greeted Arryn.

Allen was acting as the driver. He purchased a car with cash to drive around Haiti. The four men were eager to update the others on their progress.

They were staying at a hotel along the coast. After taking sometime to settle in, Allen and Gerald joined Castor and Arryn in their suite.

They sat around a table in a small conference room in the hotel suite. The compass and sword were lying at the center of the table.

Castor piped in after listening to the other men, "My take so far is that both the sword and compass come with a warning if used improperly and/or too often. And we have to figure out how to use them."

Allen nodded in agreement.

Gerald seemed more optimistic, explaining, "We have been able to get this far, which had felt impossible. We can figure this all out too."

Arryn agreed and chimed in, "Castor, you should be able to decipher those symbols on the compass."

"I'm not so confident. If others haven't been able to, I may not be able to either." Castor said worriedly.

Arryn didn't notice the worry etched on Castor's face. Instead, he turned his focus to his Uncle and Cousin. Castor felt unseen. He had hoped Arryn was going to just rely on him to solely decipher the symbols. He still had not yet mastered his skills.

"I think we should secure these items, not just in the room's safe, but add a spell to secure it, also," Allen suggested.

"Yes, please, Uncle, can you secure these items now? Then we can order room service and eat." Arryn asked.

Allen nodded and signaled Gerald to gather the sword and compass and to follow him. Gerald carefully gathered the items and followed his father into another room in the suite.

Castor, not feeling as confident, instinctively reached for the cigarette holder. "Want one, babe? I really need one."

"Sure, I do too," Arryn answered.

After lighting the cigarettes for Arryn and himself, Castor wandered off to the balcony. Arryn was preoccupied with following up with Blake on the phone. Standing on the balcony, smoking, Castor stared out to the sea.

Castor was worried that Arryn had too high of expectations of his abilities. He was afraid that he would let Arryn down. Castor didn't want Arryn to think he was failing on purpose. Though Rory and Maeve may disapprove of their relationship, Castor wanted to help because it is crucial to Arryn.

Although deep down, he knew Arryn would've been able to see the truth, he still didn't want Arry to ever doubt his sincerity to help. He just didn't want to disappoint Arryn. Castor wondered if letting Arryn down would put distance between them.

He loved Arryn and knew his parents would be disapproving. Castor's fears escalated as his mind wandered farther into an abyss. Done with his cigarette and seeing Arryn still on the phone, he leaped off the balcony. Wings spread out from his back, and he soared away.

Castor didn't have a destination in mind. He didn't care, as long as he could clear his head. Castor had never tried to see how fast he could fly. He wondered if he should try.

Curiosity got the better of him. Picking up speed, he couldn't tell how far he was getting. He struggled to sense and see his surroundings.

He started panicking, then he felt arms grabbing him by his waist.  

---------------------------------------------------------------

64 Hostages

A Black limo with the plates Quinn 1 pulled up to Karla's home. She hadn't expected to be picked up, especially in a limousine. She felt safe in the back of the limo and appreciated the ride.

Thinking about her sister, Karla glanced over her phone. Karla rewatched the video of her sister in a bare cement walled

room. Jana, her sister, was sitting on a dirty gray cot crying. She wished she could comfort Jana. There was only one other person in her life that Karla trusted for help. She silently prayed that he would help.

The airport was coming into view. Karla grew nervous with the sudden realization that she was never told where she was going. She felt apprehensive yet hopeful.

—————————————-

Arryn hung up the phone and walked onto the balcony. He glanced around, looking for Castor, but he wasn't there. Arryn started to panic and released his wings leaping off the balcony.

Circling around, widening his range, Arryn was scoping out for Castor. If anything were to happen to him, Arryn couldn't live with himself. Tears streaked across Arryn's face. His hair had come undone, flung out behind him.

With his heart racing, Arryn flew searching the island, hoping to find his lover.

——————————--------------------------

Castor realized that the angel holding him looked familiar.

"Azrael?" Castor mumbled in disbelief.

"Slow down; you could hurt yourself flying out of control like that." Azrael carefully let go of Castor.

Castor hovered, staring blankly at Azrael.

Azrael could tell this young one was nervous, "Hey, Hey, Kid, you nearly ran into me. I had to chase you down. Where are you going that you were in such a rush?"

Castor stuttered, "I... I... I... I don't know, Sir."

"I have said before, address me as Azrael. As for flying around recklessly, I assume you are young and still learning." Azrael said, crossing his arms in front of him, "Now, unless there's an urgent matter, Let's head back to where you were..."

Castor realized he had no idea where he was and would need help find his way back, "I'm lost..."

Interrupting Castor, Azrael offered to help, "I figured as much. I will help you this one time." Azrael felt like a babysitter, and if this wasn't so important to Michael, he wouldn't even bother, "Understood?"

Castor nodded, "Yes."

Azrael, annoyed with Castor, had let his guard down. He hadn't sensed trouble nearby.

Ba'al and Abaddon attacked Azrael with lightning. The searing pain ripped through Azrael's body, and he spiraled out of control, dropping from the Sky.

Castor froze in fear as a minion grabbed him and slapped on dark magic cuffs. His wings retreated, and he felt weak.

"Abaddon, grab the kid, and let's get out of here." Ba'al ordered, "I and the others will make sure Azrael doesn't interfere."

"We will meet up in Cuba," Abaddon replied.