The Interrogation & Have Mercy

61 The Interrogation

The windowless room was cold and damp. Grayson had been stripped down to his briefs. He was shivering, tied to a chair.

Adya was pacing in front of Grayson twirling her brass knuckles in her hand. Her silence made Grayson nervous. He wasn't sure if she was waiting for him to speak or not. He kept his head down, refusing to make eye contact. Suddenly in the silence, Adya's fist caught Grayson's jaw. The brass Knuckles cut into his face and split his lip.

Grayson spat blood and glared up at Adya.

"Do I have your attention now?" Adya hovered over Grayson.

Defiantly Grayson turned away; Adya grabbed his face digging in her fingers, and forced him to face her, "I said do I have your attention now?"

Grayson was feeling dizzy and slowly nodded.

"Good; if you answer my questions, I won't have to experiment with the various sharp tools here on your body." Adya, still holding his face, tightened her grip.

He muttered, "yes."

"Who are you spying for? "Adya asked, taking a step back. Her right hand was hovering over a scalpel.

"Please, I'm dead either way," Grayson begged, struggling to speak. His jaw was busted, and the pain when he spoke seared across his face.

"Cooperate and don't try to deceive me, and no harm will come to you." Adya removed her suit coat and rolled up her shirt sleeves.

Choking on his words, Grayson quietly said, "Savage.."

"Say it louder." Demanded Adya.

"Savage" Grayson yelled.

"So my guess is you thought you could steal "The Robe of Christ, by trying to distract us with a bomb?" Adya asked, pacing again.

Grayson nodded, keeping his head down.

Without saying a word to Grayson, Adya turned off the lights. Opening the door, Adya left abruptly. The clicking of the lock on the door echoed.

Alone and cold in the dark room, Grayson's mind began to wander, 'Seth and Nimue were not paying him enough to keep his mouth shut. He didn't care about being a coward if it meant he'd not be tortured. He was afraid of pain. The hit to his jaw throbbed and bled. It felt like his jaw had been broken.

The heaviness of his situation hit him hard as the tears welled in his eyes and slid down his bloody, swollen face. He regretted making a deal with "the devil." Well, not literally the devil, but it was feeling like it. There was something about Seth and Nimue at Savage Enterprises that felt foreboding.

Adya texted Castor with a video attached of Grayson's confession. 'Hey, Boss, got what you need. Let me know what's next.'

Castor glanced at the notification from Adya's message. Sitting close to Arryn, Cas nudged Arryn showing him the phone.

Arryn looked over smiling and noticed Adya sent a video, "Play it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

62 Have Mercy

Karla was growing both frustrated and worried. She was feeling left out of the loop at work.

Her boss Blake was still missing. There was a bombing at headquarters. She wasn't sure why it happened. Karla was mainly concerned about the employees who had been present and if they had survived and were healing.

She wanted to reach out to Eris but was nervous. Still, she had to ask Eris about the bombing.

Eris noticed a call from Karla and answered it, "Karla? Why are you calling?"