Seeking Help from the Fallen & To the Rescue

68 Seeking Help from the Fallen

Azrael felt he was being summoned by Michael and the barrier revealed an opening. He cautiously approached the entrance and breathed a sigh of relief. He swooped down and spotted the cabana that Lucifer, Michael, and Arryn had gathered in.

Michael signaled Azrael to sit by her, "Join us; Arryn was explaining the situation."

"My apologies, Michael, I didn't keep Castor safe," Azrael apologized to the Archangel.

Lucifer frowned disapprovingly at Azrael.

Azrael, still not sure what Lucifer was doing there. He noticed Lucifer's attitude and tried not to react. Arryn struggled with not being awkward, but he sensed tension. He opted to silently observe the two Archangels and Fallen Archangel.

"Lucifer, let me deal with this," Michael said, giving Lucifer a look to back down.

Lucifer nodded in silent agreement.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but first and foremost, Arryn needs help saving Castor. Also, Lucifer and I have remained close in secret. Please understand I need you to trust me and help us," Michael said, firmly daring Azrael to defy her.

"I have served you without knowing your secrets. I have waited for you to trust me enough to let me know what you have hidden. I have sworn my allegiance to you, and it does not falter even now. Let me know how I may assist you," Azrael vowed his service and sword.

Lucifer piped in, thinking Azrael was behaving a little too personal with Michael, "We appreciate your offer to help."

Michael sensed Lucifer was jealous, "Yes, Azrael, Lucifer and I appreciate your help."

"I assume that you want things between you and Lucifer to remain secret. I will respect you both and never tell anyone.

" Azrael promised and turned to Lucifer, "Brother, I have missed you.

It is good to see you. Though the circumstances are grim."

"You always had a way with words," Lucifer smirked.

Michael gave Lucifer a knowing look, "We can figure out where Castor is."

Lucifer added, "Arryn, I warned you about the sword of Khaos."

Azrael's eyes widen, wondering why Lucifer would be bringing up the sword of Khaos.

Arryn nodded, "Yes, I remember what you said very well."

"Good, Since Azrael is helping, he can know that I loaned you the sword of Khaos to free your parents?

" Lucifer explained, "I believe You have the where with all to handle the sword in saving Castor and opening the In-Between.

Use it carefully so that it does not corrupt you."

"I will use caution," Arryn promised.

"We will contact you as soon as we find Castor," Michael said, dismissing Arryn and Azrael.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

69 To the Rescue

While waiting for the info from Lucifer and Michael, Azrael was on watch in the sky guarding. Arryn was in the hotel updating his Uncle and Cousin.

Allen and Gerald were surprised that Arryn returned so soon. They had assumed Arryn wouldn't be back until Castor was with him.

Lighting a cigarette, Arryn spoke, "I'm going to stay here waiting to get the info from Michael. "

"I really want you to take a moment to see Karla," Allen said to his nephew, "She is in some trouble, and you can verify her story."

Arryn exhaled a cloud of smoke. and frowned, "I don't feel up to it, but I will."

He stood up and went to the room; Karla was being kept in. Opening the door, he could see Karta sitting in a chair, crying. Karla heard the door open and froze when she saw it was Arryn. 

Arryn was dressed in a kilt and an unbutton-down shirt and boots. His hair was disheveled and completely down. Karla was used to Arryn wearing designer suits and his hair groomed and up in a bun or braided. The intense expression on his face worried Karla.

"Stay seated. I do not have time to deal with you," Arryn snapped, "This will be quick. You have been lying to me; you have reeked of deceit. I refrained for months now from calling out your lies."

Karla was shaking, both scared and nervous. Arryn bent down, moving his face close to hers, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

Karla couldn't look away; she was frozen in fear, "Speak up, or I leave," Arryn growled.

"I... got involved with a religious group, who tried to get me to spy on you... They have kidnapped my sister because I wouldn't." Karla rushed to say.

Arryn stepped back, shocked, "That is the first time you have been honest with me in quite some time."

Karla wasn't sure what he meant but was relieved that he knew she was being honest, "I'm scared and worried if I don't contact them soon, they will kill my sister.'

"Listen to me closely, Karla; I am already trying to deal with a few problems involving those I love. So you will have to cooperate with my Uncle and Cousin," Arryn paused and tried to soften his tone,

"I am sorry your sister is in danger. Thank you for choosing to trust me."

Karla felt the tension in her body relax," I'm sorry that I am in this mess and have to bother you."

Wiping a strand of hair from his eyes, Arryn placed a comforting hand on Karla's shoulder, "I know. I know my Uncle and Gerald will be able to rescue your sister and deal with the religious fanatics."

Karla nodded and thanked Arryn

--------------------------------

Arryn was growing restless, waiting to hear from Michael. Gerald and Allen were with Karla learning more about the Cult. They were devising a plan to draw them out and rescue Karla's sister.

All alone with his thoughts, Arryn worried more and more. He loved Castor and couldn't bear to lose him. Cigarette butts were piling up in the ashtray by his side.

Five hours had passed when Azrael appeared on Arryn's balcony, "It's time. I have the location."

Arryn jumped out of his chair, snubbed out a cigarette, and followed Azrael out on the balcony, "Is it far?"

"It's in Cuba." Azrael answered, "Draeven has him sealed away underground."

Both leapt got off the balcony and flew toward Cuba.

~