The Crash

16 The Crash

"This is your Captain; make sure you are seated and buckled in. An unexpected storm is up ahead," The Captain was growing nervous. He had checked and double-checked the coordinates. The skies should have been clear. He couldn't fathom where this electric storm came from. It felt angry and menacing.

Hail was pelting the plane as lightning shot across the sky. This was not hurricane season, yet this storm appeared right out of nowhere. Trying to keep the plane steady, the Captain couldn't prepare for what would happen.

The Captain ahead saw the sky opening, and the lightning hit the plane. Losing control of the aircraft, it spun out, tumbling from the sky. Passengers gripped their seats as the plane crashed through a glowing sphere in the sky.

Spiraling out of control, the plane crashed nose-first into the side of an enormous cliff. Snapping in half, the back end of the aircraft fell, landing in the river below. Water splashed up, swallowing the plane whole. Then the water shot the broken half of the plane onto dry Land.

"Are you happy with yourself? Scolded a figure hovering nearby the plane wreck.

"Why'd you try to save them?" another figure demanded in a low, deep voice.

"We are not to intervene in the ways of humans. I wanted to undo your mess," snapped an angry feminine voice.

Laughing sarcastically, the male figure mocked, "And that worked out so well."

"Enough, I feel life still flowing, the humans have passed on, but the others are not mortals," sighed the figure of a woman, "They are children of angels."

A wave of dread came over them both. This mess was becoming even more complicated. The figures hovered above, watching while invisible to the others.

"Rory! Rory!" Screamed Maeve, pinned down in her seat by debris.

"Maeve, I'm here. Were you hurt?" Rory exclaimed.

"I'm stuck; I can't move." panicked Maeve.

Randall came to his senses and was able to rush to Maeve's side, "Maeve, let me help."

Rory and Randall lifted the debris, freeing Maeve.

Worried, Maeve looked around as she stood up, "How are the others?"

Randall looks around at the wreckage, "It doesn't look like anyone else survived."

Rory noticed movement from the corner of his eye and darted over to find Mei hui bleeding from a gash in her neck.

"Help, Mei hui's bleeding!" Rory yelled while putting pressure on the wound.

"Eir, goddess and great physician," Randall hurried over, "Hear my cry for help and heal Mei hui."

Green energy streamed forth from his hands, flowing towards Mei hui. Her gaping wound began to close, and the bleeding stopped. Mei hui opened her eyes, taking in a deep breath, "Thank you..."

Maeve looked around, wondering where they could be, "Anyone have a clue as to where we are?"