Let's Make a Deal

56 Let's Make a Deal

The sight of Lucifer and Michael was breathtaking, their beauty and majesty illuminating the cave entrance.

Arryn and Castor fell to their knees. Michael signaled with a wave of her hand for them to stand, "Please Stand."

Lucifer nodded in agreement.

Arryn and Castor slowly stood up together.

Arryn humbly addressed Lucifer, "Thank you for hearing our prayer and joining us here."

Then Arryn looked at Michael, "Thank you also for gracing Castor and me with your presence."

Castor stood meekly by Arryn observing this meeting. Lucifer and Michael briefly made eye contact and then looked back at Arryn.

Lucifer stood tall, asking, "Where were we before I was distracted," Lucifer gave Michael a side-eyes look.

Clearing his throat, Arryn explained, "I am trying to find my family and bring them back home."

Michael piped in, "How could Lucifer be of help? You do realize that there is a price to pay for his help?"

Arryn stood tall and confident, "I do understand that if my request is answered, I will have to make a sacrifice."

Lucifer eyed Arryn and Castor, "What is it that you want?"

"I believe my family is caught in the In-between. We learned of the Sword of Khaos and how you hid it. We believe it may help us access the In-Between." Arryn answered with confidence.

Michael's eyes widened. She glanced over to Lucifer to try and get a read on what he was thinking.

Lucifer seemed unphased, "You think it can help you enter the In-Between. Hmm..."

Michael suddenly realized what Lucifer wanted.

"Yes, we learned that it was you, Lucifer, who hid the sword. I know I ask for something that can not only be of great help but cause great danger. I hope that my loyalty to assist in Celestial matters may be considered."

Lucifer stepped toward Arryn, "I have my reasons for making this decision." Luci then turned to Michael and reached out toward her.

Michael looked concerned and looked to Lucifer for reassurance. Lucifer grew very solemn and nodded, with his hand extended her way.

Michael reached back for her sheath, pulled out a sword, and handed it to Lucifer. Castor and Arryn looked at each other confused.

Lucifer held up the sword, and it started glowing, "Arryn, this is the sword of Khaos. I hid it where no one would consider it. Michael has been the Keeper of the Sword of Khaos. I will entrust this sword to you. There is only a couple of conditions I ask of you. Return this mighty weapon to Michael and never ever speak of where the sword of Khaos was and will be. That also pertains to you, Castor."

Both Arryn and Castor nodded and, in unison, said, "Understood.."

"Good, take care of the sword of Khaos and use it with caution. Its power can be addictive. But I feel you, Arryn, like Michael, have the willpower and humble strength to not succumb to its temptation for power."

Michael nodded in agreement.

Arryn held the sword in awe, "Thank you for entrusting me, and I vow to return the sword to Michael. I also will never share with anyone outside of us four here.

"I vow never to say a word of this to anyone but us four. "Castor added.

"Good, Now be safe and vigilant. "Lucifer stated, signaling Michael that it's time to go.

Arryn was confused, "Wait... Sorry, but what is the price I must pay?"

Lucifer stopped from leaving and turned to Arryn, "I cannot ask that of you. Do not question my decisions ." Lucifer nearly scowled.

"My apologies," Arryn said but got cut off.

"That's enough. Michael and I will take our leave now." Lucifer explained firmly.

Arryn and Castor watched them leave in utter disbelief.