Agwe and La Sirene

65 Agwe and La Sirene

The waves were crashing down on the beach with ferociousness. Swimming, surfing, or being out on a boat wasn't safe. Rory gazed out where he had seen someone dive in. The ocean had been at peace until then. Maeve stood beside Rory, wondering who had done that and why.

Randall wanted everyone to stay together, but Rory wanted them to divide into two groups. One to go up to the cliff tops to investigate and the other to explore the beach. Since Rory was the boss, Randall conceded.

Maeve was curious about what was up on the cliff, and Rory decided that he would go with her there. Then Randall and Min-hue agreed to go to the beach.

Rory turned to Maeve, "Let's fly on up there."

Not waiting for Rory, Maeve ran, leaping into the air as her wings spread out. Rory smiled, watching his wife, and then joined her in the sky. They soared all the way up to the top of the cliff.

An open-air temple with white stone pillars appeared before them. At the center, a brazer with an eternal flame burned brightly. Statues of the God Agwe and the Goddess La Sirene stood tall. Flowers, wine, and fruits were laid before the statues as offerings.

"Who could have left these gifts for the god and goddess?" Maeve questioned, walking closer to the statues.

"Someone must be here honoring the god and goddess of the sea," Rory answered, then realized how pathetic his answer was.

Maeve gave her husband a look of disbelief, "That much we know... I just wonder if they live here or travel between here and our world."

"Let's look around. We may find some answers." Rory suggested taking his wife's hand.

Maeve nodded and pointed in the direction she wanted to head. Rory squeezed her hand and started to lead them there.

Randall and Min-hue strolled along the beach. Randall wanted to hold Min-hue's hand but was afraid she might reject him. He didn't want to make things awkward for either of them. Being stranded in an unknown dimension changed how Randall would typically pursue someone.

From across the waves, a beautiful song filled the air. Min-hue and Randall looked around, trying to see where the song was coming from. It grew louder like it was coming closer, and a beautiful woman appeared from the waves. Her hair was long and dark, framing her face. Her skin was a dark golden brown. She wore a long white gown that clung to her wet skin.

Randall and Min-hue fell to their knees in awe of the divine presence. La Sirene approached the two half-celestials. She stood tall in front of them, taking a moment to observe them.

"You may rise and stand. I am La Sirene, and you should not be here." La Sirene spoke with her smooth voice.

Randall reached over and helped Min-hue as they stood up. La Sirene saw the gesture, and it warmed her heart.

"You shouldn't be here, children of angels. It is most dangerous for you. Something beyond my husband and my ability blocked us from keeping you out. There were more of you. Where are they?" La Sirene asked firmly.

Min-hue cleared her voice and said, "They went to the cliffs."

"Let's join them. Follow me, Children of Angels." La Sirene shot into the air and paused for Randall and Min-hue to join her.

Releasing their wings, Min-hue and Randall flew up to join the goddess. They had seen Maeve and Rory heading to the cliffs and headed there too.

Maeve and Rory ran over to where Randall, Min-hue, and La Sirene landed. We joined them. The half-celestials bowed down on their knees.

He had short dark hair with a short beard along his face. The god wore blue pants with no shirt revealing his muscular body with dark brown skin. He nodded to the four kneeling before him.

"Rise, I am Agwe, and this is my wife, La Sirene. You must not be here. Your presence is causing the god of Khaos to stir. They want your power to break free of the prison my wife and I guard." We stated with a deep stirring voice.

La Sirene saw the four pale and wanted to step in, "Killing them could invoke Khaos, but keeping them alive, Khaos can grow stronger the longer they are here."

Maeve was growing impatient, "Is there a way you can help us leave?"

The god and goddess looked at each other and shook their heads.

"If we attempt to get you across the barrier, we risk setting Khaos free, and that would be the end of all life on earth," Agwe stated matter of factly.

La Sirene saw the fear in the eyes of the four half-celestials, "We need to figure out a solution that will keep all of us safe and not end the world."

Khaos paced in their prison down below. He could feel the presence of celestials nearby. The prayers of his followers fed him as he secretly was growing in strength.

Michael and Lucifer masterminded his demise to lay trapped in this In-Between. Thousands of years have passed, and Khaos' anger and hatred were seething.

Soon he would be able to free himself and gain his revenge and remake the world in his image. His followers believed that they would be living in a better world. Khaos was only using them to gain more power and free himself.

His followers were mere pawns for him to use. Their annihilation will be a grand sacrifice for the New World. A world without Michael, Lucifer, and the rest of the celestials. The deities who sided with the Angels and Demons will be imprisoned as they did to him.

Khaos wanted his sword back. Knowing that it was Lucifer who had taken his sword, Khaos had daydreamed often about how he would make Lucifer suffer. Starting with those dear to Lucifer and making Lucifer watch. He felt that the time was drawing near, and he would be free to seek his revenge.