Happy Holidays

21 Surprise Happy Holidays

Amelie and In-Su arrived an hour early to work to prepare for the new staff's arrival. Castor had authorized a brunch to be catered in to welcome the new Executive Team.

In-Su had made sure the day before facilities moved out the belongings of the previous team. Then facilities moved in the new staff's things. The It Director Chase & his Staff pulled an all-night shift, making necessary changes to Staff logins, access, and security levels. Plus, they needed to test all the new workstations and make essential upgrades. Arryn wanted the Executive team's equipment updated with the latest tech.

Amelie was both pleased and relieved to see that things went smoothly last night. She and In-Su were surprised that there was new flooring and furniture along with improved workstations. They couldn't imagine how it was all completed overnight. In truth, many day shift workers came in for overtime last night.

Lucas was staffing the reception desk and letting the caterers in. He noticed how good all the food smelled and hoped he would be able to eat some.

In-Su found boxes of Holiday decorations stacked with a note from Castor.

"Happy Holidays! Here are some festive decorations to liven things up.

Plus, this is your very first team-building exercise. After settling in and enjoying breakfast this morning, the executive team needs to decorate the floor for Christmas Yule time.

Happy Holidays, Castor Tsitak

"Amelie, can you believe all of this!" In-Su marveled.

Having worked under Arryn's father for so long, Amelie was indeed surprised by the swift and muchly needed changes. She smiled, relieved, looking around, "I feel like this is a dream. President Rory never let us decorate and felt that the Executive team could manage with older tech and furniture passed down from other departments."

"Amelie, I was concerned that Dr. Quinn would be stricter and harder to work with..." In-Su said in awe.

"Perhaps he just has been stressed, having to step up in his father's place. All the while not knowing if his parents are even alive." Amelie explained.

"I can't imagine how overwhelming this has been for him. It would explain his stoic demeanor." In-Su agreed.

A plant, personalized thermal mug, and new nameplates on each desk welcomed everyone.

As Amelie & In-Su organized their new desks, the new event coordinator arrived. She had a small box of her things in her hands, "Hi, I'm Zahra Adel, and I was transferred here..."

Amelie stood up," Welcome; I'm Amelie, and this In-Su. Let me show you to your desk."

Zahra followed Amelie and set her stuff down, "Thank you, it's good to meet you both."

In-Su smiled, "Zahra, we are waiting on a few others, and then we can enjoy this breakfast buffet that has been catered in for us."

Aliyah Behnam and Benjamin Edelman were the next ones to arrive. They were greeted and shown to their workstations. Everyone got settled in and was making small talk. When they heard the doors open, everyone froze to see them entering together, holding hands, Arryn and Castor.

While Amelie and In-Su were not new, it still was a site when Arryn and Castor entered. Hand in hand, dressed in designer suits and ties, Arryn, who's 6'7" with a long braid of blue hair and Castor, who is shorter at 5'10" with short jet-black hair, were a stunning sight. Both men were very handsome. Arryn was stoic, except his face would soften to a small smile when he looked at Castor. Castor usually had a smile on his face for everyone and sometimes even blushed when he noticed Arryn looking at him. The two were a couple and still worked well together as a team.

Amelie preferred working with Castor to Randall, who was Rory's assistant. No, Rory and Randall were never that close. They both had a very professional relationship, and Randall seemed to both fear and respect Rory. Randall was very uptight and worried about displeasing Rory. On the other hand, Castor treated the staff with respect and seemed more relaxed. Perhaps Arryn wasn't as hard-nosed of a perfectionist as his father. It was just hard to tell since Arryn said little and showed very little emotion.

Arryn and Castor nodded, smiling at each other when they noticed everyone was there.

Zahra, Aliyah, and Benjamin tried to avert their eyes to hide their surprise at the site of the CEO and his Executive Assistant holding hands so nonchalantly.

With a quick wink and a grin, Arryn let go of Castor's hand. Arryn addressed the team, "Welcome Zahra, Aliyah, and Benjamin and welcome back Amelie and In-Su; allow me to introduce myself and my right hand. I am Dr. Arryn Quinn, and this is Mr. Castor Tsitak.

I'm looking forward to working with each of you. Today will be a day of settling in and team-building exercises I'll have Castor explain."

Castor straightened up, "Before we do anything, we can enjoy this brunch that Dr. Quinn has provided for us. Then please take some time to set up your workstations. Amelie will start the team-building exercise of decorating our floor following brunch. Now please get something to eat."

Someone was making omelets at one end of the buffet. There was fresh fruit, pastries, bacon, hash browns, and more. A barista was set up to make espresso drinks.

Arryn and Castor waited for everyone to get food. With his hand on Castor's back, Arryn led him to the buffet. Everyone noticed their whispers and quiet laughs between the two men as they chose what they wanted.

Once done getting their food Arryn and Castor headed into Arryn's office. They sat at a table and began to enjoy their meal.

In-Su made a plate for Lucas and brought it to him. Lucas appreciated the food and thanked In-Su.

The executive team enjoyed the food and spent the day settling in and decorating.