Here Comes Sunday

7 Here Comes Sunday

The sun hadn't come up yet, but Castor was awake in bed beside a sleeping Arryn. Castor was lost in his thoughts. His mind had been unlocked when he saw Arryn in his celestial form.

Memories had then come crashing down. Castor recalled now that his parents had sealed his mind to keep his memories hidden away. They also bound his powers and gifts. As he got older, though, some of his abilities appeared without him noticing. His parents loved him and wanted him to be able to grow up safe and sound.

He was placed in a home of non-celestial humans where he could never be found. Now completely removing his memories would leave him vulnerable. Which was why his parents merely blocked his memories. It was safer for them to lock his memories away to keep his soul and spirit intact.

They had hoped that someday their son could have his memories unlocked and live a long, happy life.

Castor wasn't ready to face his friends this afternoon. He knew his friends would have so many questions about where he had been and with whom.

With everything that's happened to him these last couple of days, he really wasn't up to seeing his friends. He knew Ryan would be the most trouble. Ryan never approved of anyone Castor was interested in, and he knew it would be the same again.

Perhaps he could cancel lunch and just text his friends instead.

Arryn quietly moaned, waking up. Castor was there beside him, with a sweet smile on Arryn's lips and his legs tangled up with Castor's legs.

"Morning, beautiful," Arryn smiled, caressing Castor's cheek to move a strand of hair away.

Castor grinned and sighed contently, "Hello, Sleepyhead.''

Arryn chuckled, "How well did you sleep?"

"Hmm... Surprisingly well. I wasn't up all night with my mind racing." Castor mused.

Arryn grinned, "I sang you a lullaby to help you sleep. I'm glad it worked."

Castor paused, thinking, "Arryn, your voice, is one of your gifts. You seem to be able to heal a person's Mind, Body, Spirit, and Soul all with a song. Am I about right?"

Arryn gave Castor a quick peck on Castor's lips, "Something like that. And I can help you learn what your gifts are."

Sighing contently, "Thank you... thank you for... all of this," pausing, Castor's eyes soften, "Arryn... how are you doing?"

Castor's question mentally caught Arryn off-guard. He couldn't remember when someone ever sincerely asked him how he was. "I'm nervous, worried..." Arryn started feeling vulnerable.

Sensing something was bothering Arryn, Castor took his hand in his own, "It's OK to have these feelings. It's normal to fear and worry, especially in your situation."

"Scared..." Arryn whispered, "Yes, I really am scared."

Arryn let his head hang down. Castor leaned over and kissed the top of Arryn's head. Arryn slowly looked up and kissed Castor deeply on the lips. Castor squeezed Arryn's hands to deepen the kiss parting his lips for Arryn. After their kiss, they gazed into one another's eyes, enjoying this moment of silence.

"I should be getting ready to head over to my father's office."

"Oh, I need to get going too..." Castor quipped

"I remember you were going to meet your friends for lunch," Arryn said, getting out of bed.

Castor didn't try to avert his eyes this time as Arryn dressed. Catching a glimpse of Arryn's athletic physique, Castor explained, "Well, I am thinking of canceling lunch... just not up to answering a bunch of questions...."