Note from the writer

A note from the writer.

Dear readers,

I want to again thank you for reading my work! It means a lot to me! Instead of a chapter, I am giving you some lore and character background about Rosanna. Enjoy!

Rosanna Bauer_Inspiration

I first created Rosanna to be a strong romantic lead. A doctor or a nurse with enough identity to make her feel alive. But as I kept writing and I decided for Zeke and her to grow up together. Plus making her existence a side effect of Zeke's betrayal of his parents, the goal of making her the romantic lead completely fell away. The way I chose to write Zeke, or might I say, the way he presented himself also influenced this choice.

Zeke in the modern verse is portrayed as a well-read, sardonic but amicable guy. He is usually snarky and loves books and other memorabilia. The Zeke that I saw in both the Anime and Manga, has the same Sardonic personality. But in a much darker way. Zeke is not a good character to romance due to his manipulative behavior, bitterness, and hate for himself. Not a sweetheart at all. therefore, Rosanna and he have a twisted friendship with a hint of fiendishness and here and there so sexual or romantic tension. It is a complicated relationship formed by years of knowing each other's every move, hating each other, and the fear of missing or losing each other.

Music ins while writing Rosanna I listen to a mix of music. Including

Hamilton: Especially "Congratulations, it's quiet uptown, the Reynolds pamphlet, and Non-stop

Mitski "Washing machine heart"

Boku no Sensou

Fever ray: Mercy Street

These is just a handful of songs that inspired her character.

I hope to follow up with some more of these since I like to write them. For now, have fun and have a good day!