Chapter 83: A different perspective

"Hey"

Rosanna stirred in her sleep as she heard the soft voice in her head, she squinted her face and covered herself with her blanket. She was uncomfortable, her wounds had started burning again but she was too tired to get up and administer another dose of antibiotic or iodine. Especially now with so many people on board of the little ship.

"Hey, Hey." The voice spoke again, like a knock on the door becoming more adamant of being noticed.

"Not now, Zeke." Rosanna groaned, and rolled over onto her side. She did not feel like talking to him, especially with the situation that was going on.

"HEY!!" the voice now screamed and Rosanna shot up from her bed, or she thought she had woken up...

"So you are the host of the beast titan?" The tall blonde man asked, sitting across from Rosanna who was dressed in her finest dress whites.

"I am..." the young woman said, "My name is Rosanna Bauer, captain of the warrior unit of the military force of Marley. Or what you may call, the continent."

The blonde man scanned the young woman sitting across from him, there was a certain arrogance about her, the way she sat with on leg up on her knee, one arm resting on the chair beside her and the other calmly resting in her lap. She wore a ring on her right hand, the same one as Annie Leonhart wore.

"My name is Erwin Smith, I am the commander of the Survey Corps. You attacked many of our soldiers while on expeditions outside the walls or within wall Maria."

Rosanna nodded, shifting in her seat to be more comfortable. She locked eyes with a shorter, black-haired man who glared her down. She felt a deep feeling of dread. He had attacked Reiner during the taking of Shinganshina and cut him into multiple pieces.

"The damage to Shinganshina is incomprehensible, but we will rebuilt it in the coming years... however my question is, why did you return to the island after your loss?"

"To strike a bargain."

There was a long silence.

"Oh?" Erwin asked, sitting down on his chair, peeved by the simplicity of the offer.

"You have Shinganshina for now... but word has reached the continent that the devils of Paradis have come onto their respective powers and resources. It won't take long before the harbour at the south of the island is packed with Marleyan cruisers and soldiers. And that won't just be the end of your freedom, it would be the end of everything on this island."

Erwin cast down his eyes, not wanting to imagine the mass genocide that awaited these people. All his friends and soldiers... gone.

"Your point being."

Rosanna sat up straight.

"We will take over the continent before they can get to us..."

Erwin blinked.

"What?! With what army?" he asked, flabbergasted.

"Mine."

There was a silence.

"But you are allied to the state of Marley, treason would mean the death of you and your family."

"My family is already dead, I am orphaned twice and know of no existing family in the interment zone of Liberio or outside. I have nothing to lose. Only my people have something to gain which I can now provide."

"And your army?"

Rosanna turned around in her seat, one arm over the back of her chair.

"Berthold?!"