Chapter 66: The Yeager Brothers

Chapter 66: The Yeager brothers

///Blood, violence and death.

Rosanna sat against the wall of the big airship, she felt the zooming and low drumming of the engines. She almost could feel the heat through the floor boards, burning away at her hands and feet. Rosanna's face twisted when she switched her legs around, she had painfully twisted her ankle and it was swelling up and getting hot. She sighed, settling down again. She lifted her hand, feeling her hairline, tracing it back to the wound on the side of her head. She could feel the imprint of the candle holder, the dried blood came off in small flakes. Sticking to her fingertips. She rested her head against the wall, looking up to the ceiling, trying to ignore the people around her who were chattering and yelling and jumping in and out of the airship.

"We are still missing 12 people!"

"I will go and look!"

"Please just be careful!"

"Is the commander here?"

Rosanna looked over to the open door, she could still hear the distant screams, rumbling, and panic of the people down below. She pictured her friends running away from the explosion... she felt tears prick her eyes. Her mouth twisted and she felt the tears flow freely. She turned herself into the corner, hiding her face and erratic breathing as she sobbed. She let go of every brake she had put on her emotions. Letting the badness and sadness flow out of her. She could hear the airship kick into higher drive, slowly moving away, leaving behind the remnants of the burning, broken internment zone.

"Is Eren here?"

"No... not yet."

"Be on the lookout, and get Jean back here as quick as possible!"

"Will do!"

Rosanna felt her tears dry up, she took a couple of deep breaths, feeling the red mist she had been lost in the lift and she looked around. With the airship door open, she could still fling herself out. And not have to go in with Zeke's messed-up plan.

She shifted again, sitting comfortably in the corner of the main deck. She resumed staring at the ceiling.

Zeke had watched with a deep feeling of pity in his stomach as Rosanna cried for her homeland. He felt a deep sense of disgust climb up his throat, he shook it off.

"She we will be better once we are in Paradis; she'll like it better there anyway." He thought to himself before turning away from her. He was warm from the steam coming off of him, the cold wind coming through the door and onto him cooled him off slightly. He looked up when he heard the door next to him slam shut.

"Commander."

"Mr. Yeager," Hanji said matter of fact, not looking at him. She looked over to Rosanna, making sure she was not injured and in need of medical attention. She frowned when she noticed the redness around the young woman's eyes, nose, and forehead.

"She cried," Zeke assured her.

"I thought so..." Hanji answered, her face taking on a look of pity and concern. "What happened to her head?"

"She did not come willingly."

"No one ever does... no need to bash in her head with a blunt object."

"I'll remember that next time," Zeke answered, huffing slightly irritated.

"By the By, commander."

Hanji finally looked down at him, she was not able to hide a glint of anger in her eyes. She was not fond of the man's polite, sardonic attitude.