Chapter 86: The crash

"ROSANNA, WAKE UP, DAMNIT!!" Onyankopon yelled, shaking Rosanna violently by her shoulder with his free hand. Rosanna shot up in her seat, gasping for breath as if she had been swimming underwater.

"What happened? You just went stiff as a board." He said, releasing his hand from her shoulder.

Rosanna looked around herself, a throbbing headache right behind her eye and her hand hurt. She looked at her fingers, they were bleeding from the pressure she had put onto them. As soon as she had felt herself sink, she had grabbed the sides of her chair, sinking her nails into the wood.

"The others..." Rosanna gasped, almost falling from her chair as she stood. She finally got to her feet, holding onto the walls of the airplane.

"Guys?" she asked as she got to the main part of the plane, her eyes widened when she witnessed the tense, tortured expressions of her friends.

"Rosanna..." Pieck managed to squeak, having ripped the fabric of her coat with her bare hands. Tear drops had stained the collar of her shirt.

"I am here, dear. Did you guys have the same dream?" she exhaled in relief, kneeling down in front of Pieck to check up on the young woman.

"Was that a dream?" Reiner groaned, sitting back down on the bench, head in his hands. "It was the worst nightmare I've ever had..."

Armin's eyes, first filled with tears now dried. He shook his head, disappointed in the message he had received.

"Eren can't be stopped..." he whispered, crossing his arms and leaning his head back. letting the tears run over his cheeks and down his neck. "Or we must kill him."

Rosanna checked on Reiner, who looked at her with an expression of guilt and grieve. Rosanna took his hand, squeezing his fingers in her palm before letting go and getting up to check on Onyankopon.

She plopped down on her seat, staring out into nothingness.

"And?" he asked.

"We need to kill Eren." She looked up to him, studying his concerned expression. "There is no other way to stop the rumbling.

Onyankopon tightened his grip on the wheel. Biting his bottom lip till he tasted blood, trying everything to not tear up.

"2000 years of war and conflict... for this?" he sobbed quietly.

"Leave the war behind you, Onya. There is nothing left to fight that war with, only the memories and the flattened corpses."

There was silence.

"Will you fight?" Onyankopon asked, turning to look at her.

Rosanna cast down her eyes, shaking her head.

"I will idly stand by and patch up those that need it." She looked at her healing injuries, and thought of the scarring they would leave. 2000 years of scarring... that is what had formed this planet...

"My fighting days are over... I have nothing left to fight for..." she smiled sadly, a tear welling up in her eyes. "I just want peace..."

Rosanna turned to face Onyankopon, but her eye caught onto something else. Land. Hills. And a tower.

"Shoot! We made it!" she exclaimed, pointing at the last standing fort of humanity. Onyankopon followed her gaze and looked at her in confusion.

"Since when do you use, Shoot?"

"No need to question that now... we need a plan!" she cried and leapt up from her chair.

"Armin! We are nearing the Fort!"

Armin immediately sat upright and locked eyes with Rosanna.

"We have outflown the rumbling, we NEED a plan!" she said, pointing to the windows that showed the outside."

Everyone turned to look out the window. A new life brewing inside their hearts. They all looked at Armin with expectation.

Armin looked surprised for a second, looking at his friends with tear stained eyes before pushing away his pain and regrets.

"We are going to blow that insect to bits... we will save Eren from this world..."

"Well... you better hurry, this metal can is going down!" Onyankopon yelled from the cockpit.

Rosanna pulled open the door to the outside of the plan. The warriors and soldiers lined up, one after other to leap from the plane. Strapped to parachutes.

Rosanna's eyes teared up from the powerful, cold wind. Reiner was the first to walk up to the door, the two locked eyes and smiled at each other.

"Last stand before the end?" Reiner asked, leaning on the doorframe of the plane.

"See you on the other side." Rosanna grinned, opening her arms to give him a big hug.

"Yeah..." Reiner said softly, letting go of her and facing the drop down.

"Hastala vista..." Jean grinned as Reiner dropped.

Pieck walked up to Rosanna, putting her arm around her friend's shoulder, holding onto her before dropping as well.

One by one, Rosanna said goodbye to them. Her friends as they made their descent to the final battle of the old world.

"Rosanna, please take a seat and brace!" Onyankopon yelled from the cockpit. "This puppy is going to make a slide!"

Rosanna got flung to the back of the plane as the wing tipped down. She heard the air run past the sides of the plan, making the walls of the plane shake. She banged her head against the wall, before falling down on the bench and gripping on. Her vision shaking before focussing on Onyankopon who braced as he sent the plane down softly, the last thing Rosanna felt was the rumbling of the plane across ground and seeing the screws come out of the floor plates. She passed out when she heard a loud collision in the front of the plane.

"Mother if you care for me... take me into your arms..."