Chapter 70: A Bargain

Rosanna leaned against the door of the carriage, her cheek in her hand and her elbow on the window sill. Her leg bounced up and down, her free hand clutched into a fist so tightly that her skin turned pale.

The carriage had turned away from the jail and gone in the direction of Trost, Rosanna found the road familiar, she probably had walked the roads too while she was on the island.

The carriage made a sharp turn, onto a hardened, stone road. Rosanna looked up when a large shadow cast over the carriage. They had reached the great gate of the wall Rose.

The carriage was stopped.

Rosanna nervously looked at the soldiers in her carriage. She felt a jolt of fear in her stomach, she would be caught if the guards recognized her.

The soldier that had been riding the carriage discussed something with the guards.

One of the guards, a heavily armed man walked to the carriage door. Noticing Rosanna's deer-in-headlights look.

He looked at her, seemingly taking in the fact that the destroyer of Ragako was still alive. He then exhaled, tipped his hat to Rosanna, and allowed the carriage through.

Rosanna sat in disbelief.

The soldier that sat opposite of her chuckled.

'What's with the face?" he asked Rosanna.

"How am I..." Rosanna shook her head. "What on earth is going on!? That guard should've shot me point blank!"

"Now, now." another soldier shushed her.

"You seem very confused, just wait until we arrive where we need to be. It'll all make sense to you..."

Rosanna's mouth was agape, she raised her eyebrows and shut her mouth. With both fists clenched, she sat back in her seat and watched the buildings as they drove south.

The arrival was short after the stop at the gates, the carriage stopped in a back alley, near a warehouse. A group of young soldiers stood outside the warehouse, some in green coats, the others in black uniforms with 3-DM gear on their armor.

A soldier politely opened the door and helped Rosanna out of the carriage and across the road.

"This better not be a surprise execution, or else I'll haunt this place for as long as I can..." Rosanna thought bitterly, feeling nauseous from all the uncertainty.

The soldier knocked on the door, the door flew open and Rosanna stepped inside.

"Yeager is upstairs, he wishes to speak to Miss Bauer."

Rosanna blinked, looking at the stairs.

"Yeager...? Eren Yeager?" she asked.

"The man himself..." a voice boomed from upstairs.

Rosanna sighed and walked past the soldiers, she hesitated for a second while at the bottom of the steps. She sucked her bottom lip into her mouth and bit down on it. She started the ascend to the landing. Getting to a large open landing that led into a wooden floored storage room.

Eren was sitting in a chair in the middle of the room, legs on a crate and staring up at the ceiling.

"How do you like our hide-out?" he asked Rosanna as soon as she stepped into the room.

"It's very..." Rosanna looked around, noticing the dust and cobwebs. "Dusty..."

Eren frowned, his head snapping to watch Rosanna.

"But... I wouldn't expect a group of teenagers to keep a house like this spotless."

Eren rolled his eyes, taking his feet off of the table, feeling attacked by Rosanna's observations.