Chapter 80: The apothecary

Rosanna shot up from a very deep sleep, she groaned, rubbing her eyes and stretching.

"You had a good sleep?" Pieck asked who sat next to Rosanna, her knees pulled up to her chest and her chin resting on the backs of her hands.

"Yeah... I really needed that. What time is it?"

"Close to mid-morning." Pieck tilted her head, "Did you dream?"

"I did."

"What did you dream?" Pieck said, leaning closer.

"That I took Zeke wandering through the paths..."

Pieck cocked an eyebrow up, her lips curling into a smile.

"I have a very specific image popping up in my mind, but I am sure it is more tame then that..."

Rosanna tilted her head, her mouth pressing into a thin line a grimace forming on her face. She scooted herself up, so she could sit up against the tree. She slouched heavily due to her injuries.

"Zeke and I never were that cuddly, so put that image out of that giant brain of yours." Rosanna reached for the last bit of water in the bucket. Drinking it.

"But it was fascinating though, in those paths. I was master over a whole desert, I could make world bend and buckle to my will. Create people and buildings and animals..." Rosanna explained, her eyes staring off into the distance. then she put her hands onto the ground, the tremor was gone.

"The titans have gone... haven't they?"

Pieck's mirthful expression dropped, and she cast down her eyes.

"Yes, the last ones left the island around dawn, so Hanji told us." Pieck answered, leaning against the train, looking up through the leaves of the tree.

"Wait... Hanji is here?" Rosanna said, shooting up and getting to her feet.

"Yes, with captain Levi in tow."

Rosanna looked down at Pieck with shock, before throwing her blanket down and running from the tree grove towards the General who stood a few feet from the tree grove discussing something with Hanji.

"Hanji?!" Rosanna asked, peeking over Magath's shoulder.

Hanji's head snapped around, she turned on their heel to face Rosanna. Their stern expression softening when they saw the scathed yet alive Rosanna walk towards her.

'Oh thank god, there you are!' Hanji said, walking towards their friend. The two friends embraced each other, Hanji rested their hand in Rosanna's hair, feeling the fragility of the young woman's body. Rosanna felt Hanji shiver, the commander was tired, running along the island back and forth, recovering Levi. Even surviving the wrath of Floch when it came to it.

The two let go of each other.

Rosanna fixed a direct glare onto Hanji.

'What is our plan?' Rosanna asked.

Hanji looked back at Magath, before smiling at Rosanna.

'We are going to gather everyone, and talk some sense into Eren...' Hanji replied to Rosanna's question.

Rosanna looked at Magath, raising an eyebrow in surprise.

'You're mad...' Rosanna huffed, 'You are going to take out a massive pile of moving bones?"

"We're going to try..." Magath hummed solemnly, before moving to Rosanna.

"And you will be our medic..."