40- The Preparation

Li Tao Ru hiked to the top out the mountain, looking at the horizon. How peaceful.

"Are you ready?" The shifu asks.

"Of course, shifu. I have trained all my life." She grips her sword, confidently.

"Great, sit with me." The shifu instructs. "You know, you are the only hope for our sect. The Huang Ma Clan had been in power for too long. It is now time for change." The shifu rubs her temple, still hurt.

The shifu's mother was a fighter of the century, a century ago. But sadly she lost to Huang Ma Clan. This makes Tu Gu Sect suffer in the martial arts world and lose most of their followers. So now the sect is quite small compared to the glorious Huang Ma Clan.

"I understand shifu, I will win this. For us, and for our sect." Tao Ru holds her shifu's hand, trying to give her some warmth.

"Thank you." The shifu is crying at this point.

"I will surely, kill Huang Ma Jing." She vowed.

____

A month becomes weeks, and weeks become days. Their decades long wait is here. The once-a-century gathering has come.

The place was big, it can hold thousands of martial artists. The center stage is glorious, but deadly. The stage is almost as big as a basketball court, but it the floor is hot charcoal, with sharp objects all over.

They are meant to fight while flying on top of the stage to drain their qi faster. And whoever falls first will be shattered, and if not, they will burn.

"Whoaaah, it's so big." Wei exclaimed.

"Yeah, but it is so scary, don't be to close!" DuDu pulls her away from the main stage. "Whoever falls here will certainly meet their doom..."

"But that will be good."

"Good? What do you mean?"

"Well, at least if they fall on that they will die."

"And that's good to you?"

"DuDu, if they don't die, they would life a hellish life. A life that is even worse than death."

"Hm.. you are right. They will lose of if their power and will be attacked by everyone in the other sect. That is if they are not being forced as a slave to the winning party, that means that they will be stripped off of all of their dignity. Maybe it is better to just die here, with honor."

"Yes.. and we can only hope everything will be okay tomorrow."

"Of course, master will win, do not worry."

___

The fateful morning finally comes.

Jing is ready. He tied his hair in a bun to avoid distractions. His body is strong and well built. He easily towers over men, let alone a woman like Li Tao Ru.

He walked with confidence and pure power. His right hand holds his treasured sword. He takes a deep breath and start walking to the main stage.

The place was packed with martial artists, wanting to see the fight of the century. Around 100,000 people were there waiting for them to fight.

He grips his sword tighter, looking around.

They are screaming his name, some are screaming Li Tao Ru's name.

He walked even closer, bowing to all of the elders next to the stage. This is it.

_____

Li Tao Ru is wearing white as usual. Her face is still covered with her veil. No one has seen her without it, her mysterious feel makes everyone shivers.

Jing is already standing next to the stage and he is ready.

She smirked, she had been waiting for this her whole life. And today, she will give it her everything.

Her steps are big and authoritative, walking toward the center of the stage.

The noisy crowd suddenly turns silent when they saw her. It was 100.000 people, staring at her in silence. Her mistery, and coldness fill up the atmosphere, they all hold their breath unconsciously.

_____
The judge is called Old Tan. He is a 300 years old veteran who only come out for important event like this.

"Are the both of you ready?" He asks.

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Alright, let's start." He says. "Everyone here, bows to these two fighter of the century before you, these people are the pillars of our community. And today, we will have a new leader. Will it be Huang Ma Jing from the Huang Ma Clan, or Li Tao Ru from Tu Gu Sect. May they lead us to a better future."

"All hail the fighter of the centuries!" 100.000 people exclaims in unison.

"For the both of you, get ready!"

They both fly up to the sky, and then stopped in about 5 story high above the deadly stage.

They looked at each other for the last time, before they start with the knowledge that one of them will not survive this fight.

Both of them rise their sword, ready.

"Start!" The Old Tan shouted.

They took a deep breath, and their eyes turned blue, meaning that they uses their highest power.

They charges toward each other, unrestrained. Their moves are quick and unexpected, even for the veteran standard.

They fight to kill one another, with hatred. Anyone that see them like this will never have guessed that they are soulmate, that they were married, and had a child together. They were as close as one, but now they are trying to take each other to grave.

What a sad little story

_________
Happy Sunday everyone!
Please vote comment and share if you'd like!
See you next week 🥰🥰