3- Dreaming About Her

The full moon shines brightly that night. Jing finds himself starring at the night sky. The sound of the waterfall nearby is gets his attention, he walks closer to the the source of the sound. Moon reflection is big and round, Jing feels like he never see it that big.

A woman in black flies across the river, landing right in front of Jing. Her delicate figure and her red lips makes him couldn't help but to stare.

"Young lady.." he calls her.

She seems to ignore him, busy with her own mind.

"May I know your name?" He asks politely.

When she finally face him and their eyes meet, his whole world seems to stop. The loud waterfall noise suddenly becomes quiet. Jing not knowingly drop his sword to the ground.

"You already know who I am." She lips curves into a slight smile.

Is he imagining things or her eyes just shine? He can't say anything, his brain just stop working when he hears her voice.

The lady walks away from him and suddenly disappear into thin air.

"Wait!"
-

"Wait!"  Jing shouts.

"Oh, it's just a dream." He rubs his eyes. He gets up from his wooden bed, confused.

He dreamt about her a lot lately, however his dreams always end up with her leaving. Jing doesn't know what does that means, but he is unhappy and somehow worried.

He hears a knock on his door.

"Gege, the master of Blue Poison Sect will arrive shortly."

"I understood." He replies. Jing quickly put on his robe and walks out of his room.

-
The master of Blue Poison Sect is a 60 years old tall guy. He smells like root medicine and weathered wood. His robe is worn out gray, making a big contrast with Jing's maroon silk robe.

Blue Poison Sect isn't a very strong martial art clan. They mainly work with poison which usually is frown upon in martial arts world.

"Please sit down." Jing points at a chair.

"Master Huang Ma Jing, it's an honor to meet you." The old guy bows.

"Don't need such formality, just call me Jing." He sips hot tea in front of him.

"Master is surely a humble person."

"What makes Blue Poison Sect come here today?"

"I have an offer."

"Elder, please continue."

"This." He shows a red porcelain. "This poison is extracted from the strongest toxicant known to mankind. I spent 30 years perfecting this formula. One drop can kill 100 horses, this surely can kill Li Tao Ru." He laughs evilly. The old man moves closer to Jing, still grinning. "Just a little of this on your sword, if you can slash her flesh-"

The old man is being stopped by Jing.

He doesn't understand why suddenly a neutral sect wants to help him. There must be something going on, he thinks.

"Elder, what can I do to repay your kindness?" Jing fishes for motive. 

The old man stands and stare into the sky.

"That fucking virgin sect!" He curses.

Jing raises his eyebrows, this is interesting.

"They kill my disciples with 5000 burning iron hits! How dare they!" The elder's eyes are red with furry, he grips tightly to the chair, breaking it.

Jing heard about the infamous execution method from Tu Gu Sect, even for him this method is too much. However, Tu Gu Sect is an all woman sect and it is their fundamental rule to never get involved with any man.

Jing exhale a long breath, "elder, please calm yourself." He helps the old man to sit and pours alcohol for him. Huang Ma Clan is known to be a heavy drinker clan, so serving alcohol in the middle of the day is not weird.

Putting deadly poison on his sword is very tempting to Jing. But he is an upright guy who has high moral, it is best for him to protect his integrity. But he is interested in Tu Gu Sect, how can they be so cruel.

__

Tao Ru stands on top of the mountain, trying the new kungfu she just learned. She raises her hands, and closes her eyes.

Listen when the wind whispers.
Answer will be given.

Cherry blossom petals flies around her, her long silky hair flows gently. Her eyes is focused.

"I finally understand!" She says happily. "Hu-er! Come here!"

"Why are you so happy senior?"

"Here, fight me!" Tao Ru says excitedly.

"Oh, we all know how this will ends." The girl rolls her eyes thinking that it is so useless to do so.

"No Hu-er, Just try."

"Okay.. okay.."

Hu-er gets to her ready position, gathering her energy.

"When you are ready." Tao Ru says. She inhaled the air, and closes her eyes.

Hu-er charged with her sword, but Tao Ru manages to shy away.

"How does she know? She closes her eyes.."

All of Hu-we attacks are successfully avoided by Tao Ru.

"Okay senior, I'm so tired!" She says. She has been kicking thin air for the past ten minutes. "How do you manage to avoid Hu-er when you close your eyes?" The girl is curious.

"I can feel where you concentrate your energy before the attacks, hence I can avoid it." Tao Ru explains.

"Bravo, Senior!"

She smiles proudly and she continues to practice the manual.

The sky turns pink when the sun sets at A Gu Mountain. Silhouettes of the cherry blossom field surrounding Tao Ru makes her realize it's been hours since she starts practicing her qi.

She walks back to the main building to meet her shifu. The architecture of Tu Gu Sect is very simple and plain, five chambers surrounding the main building.

"Shifu."

"Tao Ru, I heard that you managed to do the first part of the manual, is that correct?" The old woman sits comfortably on her dark wooden chair.

"Yes, shifu."

"Good." She nods. "Shifu knows that you will be successful."

"Shifu, I have to leave for Pu Bu waterfall."

"Why? Isn't A Gu Mountain is good enough?"

"The second part of the manual is about water, I think going to the highest waterfall will help my practice."

"Good!" The shifu feels proud of her spirit. "When are you going to leave?"

"In two days. I still have to perfect my current kungfu."

"Tao Ru, in a week it will be full moon. Be careful, don't push yourself." Shifu holds her hands gently.

For Tu Gu Sect full moon is the worst time in a month. Their energy will be drained and they can't use their power nor kungfu to the full potential. However, if the hero has strong qi, she can still use it.

"I understood." Tao Ru bows slightly and leave the room.

Hi everyone, thank you for reading! Please vote and share to your friends to support this story. It means a lot for me.. also leave me some comments!

❤️have a nice day and see you tomorrow