44- Second Child

"Papa, I need to go back to the academy. I can't be missing so many lessons." A-Kan says. *the son

After a week, A-Kan decided to continue his study, surely a child prodigy.

"Sure, take care on your way!"

"Of course mother."

After their son left, Jing and Tao Ru got their private time. But both of them know, they can't hide here forever. They need to give explanation to everyone.

But Jing knows that Tao Ru must not feel comfortable meeting everyone. He needs to go alone, but then he can't leave her here too, it's way too dangerous.

_____

Tao Ru is sleeping soundly on his hand, looking peaceful.

"Good morning." She says, waking up.

"Tao Ru, I need to go back to my clan's manor to meet everyone." He informs, they can't keep hiding.

"..I know.."

"I'll get Wei to come here and be with you while I'm gone, it will probably take around a week to deal with everyone. Is that okay with you?"

She nods. It's better to stay here than face the world, just hoping that Wei doesn't hate her.

He rubs her innocent looking face, but then-

"Li Tao Ru." His eyes grows, almost shocked.

"Hmm?"

"You are.. pregnant." He checks her tummy, making sure.

Now she is the one shocked.

As the fighter of the century, Jing is able to sense even the slightest form of living before it can even be detected by the doctors. This is the same case as when Tao Ru knows she got pregnant with Jing's baby the first time. However, now she lost her power, she is unable to sense it.

"Oh my God!" Jing is still kneeling, rubbing her tummy.

"I'm pregnant?" A weird sense of happiness surge. Although she is confused why she's happy, but her brain told her that carrying Huang Ma Jing's baby is a good news.

He quickly hugs her close. They will soon have their second child.

"We need to go there together then."

"...." How is she going to explain getting pregnant with Jing to her sect??? Even worse, it's just a few weeks after the martial arts gathering where they were expected to kill each other?

______
Flashback after the gathering.

Tao Ru is in distraught about the whole losing thing, but Jing's wound is much more severe. His chest that was stabbed by Tao Ru is bleeding.

Tao Ru remembers that when they were living here, she made a strong rice wine and buried it under a tree in their backyard. She thinks that's right now is the right time to take it out and drink.

So she dug it up.

"Here drink this." She hands him the porcelain bottle.

"Tao Ru I stopped drinking after that night under the waterfall." He refuses to drink.

Your wound will hurt a lot if you don't.

He shakes his head, firm in his decision.

"Alright then." She gulped a few sips down her throat. She needs it to patch her broken soul.

They proceed to help each other with the wounds that they caused.

Jing flinches as Tao Ru cleaned his wounds.

"Here." She handed him the wine. "It will be worse once I apply the medicine."

He then obediently gulped a few sips, it's so painful as she strikes do deep it pieced his bone.

"Better?"

He nods, but it actually still hurts.

"Okay it's done now, you can sleep."

Jing nods, and gets ready to sleep.

Tao Ru left the room, giving him some quiet time to sleep.

Her heart is aching, she is ashamed that she lost. Tears flow rapidly on her cheeks. She glanced at the wine jug on her left hand. She really, needs it.

A few sips later, she is still sober, but she feels hot. Very hot that she is sweating.

Tao Ru took off her outer robe,  then she is walking to the room lightheaded. She saw Jing is sleeping soundly, she is tired too so she sleeps next to him.

"W-what?" Jing woke up with Tao Ru sleeping on top of him, barely wearing anything. "Li Tao Ru what are you doing?" He is shocked with the state they are currently in.

"Nothing." She is not completely awake yet.

"Did I not sleep with clothes on yesterday?" He looks at his naked body under the blanket.

"Yes you did."

"Tao Ru, what exactly did you do last night?"

"Huh?" She finally gathers all of her soul and see the situation.

"Oh Gosh!" No way..She is not that kind of person. But from the scene in front of her, she is doubting her moralities.

What goes around comes around.

"Jing, about last night, I-" she honestly doesn't have face to say anything.

"That's alright." Jing cuts her off. He doesn't actually remember what happened last night, but from fragments of his memory he remembers her coming to the room and snuggling next to him. And then he remembers she initiated a kiss and maybe...they did it?  

She sips her tea nervously. She literally fight him and sleep with him in the same day. What kind of person is she?

"Sorry."

"That's okay, I don't remember anything happened. It's probably nothing." Jing says trying to calm her down.

I mean, it's bad and kind of emasculating, but it honestly doesn't matter to him.

Flashback ends

_______

It was truly one fateful day.

Now they need to explain it together to the world.

Hi! So I will be posting more now because Ei have finished this story, yay!
Hope you all will enjoy 😊