4- The Full Moon

Tao Ru finally arrive at Pu Bu waterfall after a whole day of walking. She looks around to find a good place to rest. Her legs are numb so she needs to sit somewhere.

It is so refreshing there, Tao Ru is not used to going out of Tu Gu Sect manor. The sound of bird chirping and the waterfall is truly relaxing. She leans back on a big tree and closes her eyes.

-
For five days Tao Ru practices her martial art skills. Her whole body hurts from too much kungfu. Her legs are as  soft as jelly and she probably uses all her qi already by this point.

"I can't do this anymore, I need some rest." She thinks. Her hands move in circular motion and she finally finishes her training. She wipes her sweat in a gesture and takes a deep breath.

The sun will sets in a few hours, today is the full moon so she don't have her whole power. Hence her finishing early.

Tao Ru takes a quick bath under the waterfall. The water is clean and blue, but there's no fishes around. She takes off her robe and dip into the water. She shivers slightly as she enters the water. It feels good to finally wash off her sweats.

When she finishes, her stomach growls.

"I need to get something to eat, I'm so hungry."

The city is not far away from where she is, so she decided to go there and try to buy some buns.

Tao Ru takes off her veil as it will only attract attention to her. She then quickly apply a spell to mask the scar on her face.

__

"Gege are you ready?" Wei asks his brother.

"Yes." The master walks out with a fancy gold robe and matching shoes. He wears few jade rings and gold necklaces.

"Hahahaha!" The sister laughs as she points at him.

"What?" He frowns. "Why are you laughing?" Jing looks at himself innocently, he doesn't understand what's so funny.

"Why are you wearing that? Go change to something more casual." Wei shakes her head.

Wei understand that her brother must be very nervous, that's why he wears something so ridiculous like that.

According to legend, Jing will probably meet with his soulmate tonight, that's why he thinks wearing a grand outfit is a good idea. He needs to impress his future wife, right?

After a few moments, Jing is finally ready in his green robe.

"This looks better!" Wei smiles as she interlocks their arms.

There's a festival tonight in the city, hence the crowd. People are wearing nice clothes walking around the market.

Jing, Wei and a few friends are eating in a big restaurant, reserving the best private seats that faces the market from second floor.

"So master will meet her tonight?" A guy asks.

"Hm." He answers shortly, still starting at the market. His eyes are still scanning the crowd in a worried expression.

"Ei, don't talk to him, he doesn't even pay attention to us!" Says another guy as he shoves chicken leg to his face.

"Hahaha, what a love slave." They all laugh at him.

"Gege, don't worry you will find her." Wei taps his shoulder gently after seeing her brother's worried expression.

Jing smiles shortly in return.

"Toast for our Master Jing!" They all raises their drink.

"Here's for the new madam!" They toast another drink.

The night becomes darker as Jing drinks. His head is spinning and heavy. No, he should be sober, he has to meet his soulmate.

"I got to go, I think I have drink enough." He holds his head.

"Wait master, where are you going? You haven't finish the drink!" A disciples shove a jug of strong wine to him, forcing him to drink more.

"Ugh!" He chokes on the wine. Jing can't just say no because it's a good occasion and he has to take their blessings by drinking.

"Here, one more master!" Another one hands him his jug of wine.

Almost 30 jugs of wine are forced on him, the messy table represents his messy mind. He can't stay here, no way.

Jing walks away from the table, trying to find something to wash off his face. His head is spinning but he pushes himself to get out.

Jing walks downstairs slowly, trying not to fall down. He can't focus because of the noise and people shouting to each other. He shakes his head, he just want some air to breathe.

.

The crowded restaurant suddenly becomes quiet when a woman in black walks pass him. A heavenly light seems to shine at her and her only.

Her walk is elegant and sure. She is confident and fierce. Her long hair tied in a bun, giving him a full view of her face and neck. She smells like a familiar jasmine and vanilla. He couldn't stop starring at this woman.

He gulps. This is her.

Jing follows the girl, but yet to say anything. His heart beats fast and his brain turns numb. His eyes only focuses on the woman. He walks pass the market, to the bridge. He walks on respectful distance, but his body is forcing him to get closer.

After ten minutes of walk, they arrive at the waterfall.

"Just like my dream.." he says unknowingly.

"Who is that?!" She realizes someone is following her since the market, but she doesn't want to make a scene. Now they are in secluded place, she confronts him.

Jing just froze.

She looks at his red face, and strong alcohol smell in the air.

"Oh, just a drunk." She says to herself. "Leave, or you will be sorry." She says fiercely.

Her kungfu is very weak right now because of excessive qi training in the past five days. And the full moon is worsen her state. But if the guy in front of her is a normal person, she won't have any problem taking him down.

The problem is, he's not.

Jing walks closer, not hearing her words.
"I won't leave, and you won't leave me too." He remembers his nightmares about his soulmate leaving him, he won't let that happen. Suddenly a massive anxiety shakes him to the core, his destined lover is leaving him.

His anxiety is polluted his mind. The nightmare plays over and over in his brain. He needs to do something, to prevent this vision come to life. Because he couldn't afford to lose her.

He is too close, she doesn't know why does this man's presence so powerful. She moves back as she gets ready to fight.

He raises his hand to touch her, that's when she slaps his hand so hard it turns blue.

"Ouch." Jing is too drunk to know what just happened.

"Leave." She says firmly.

"I won't, I will never leave you." The fear inside him eats him. No. She can't just leave him. A Huang Ma master without his soulmate is the worst possible punishment.

His body gets steaming hot thinking about that. His manly desire force him to get even closer. He needs her.

But she won't give up easily. She is in her ready position to fight. She inhale the cold air, running to his direction to attack him, using the little inner power she has left. Meanwhile Jing blocks her attack like it's nothing.

The woman falls when her attack doesn't go as planned. Her inner power drains quickly and she is weak.

"How is he so strong?!"