8- Our House

Jing stares at the sword on his feet. It is the famous White Jade Sword. The sword is made with the finest and strongest steel, with handle made of flawless jade. The jade is pale white and engraved with dragon. The sword is very fragile, only the best swordsman can master it without breaking the handle. This is one of the most treasured sword in the word.

He picks it up, knowing how important this is for her and tries to catch up with Tao Ru.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"Away from you." She doesn't even bother to look at him.

"Why?" He asks innocently.

"You tell me why!" She finally faces him, frustrated.

"So where are you going to go?" Jing is so concerned because he knows that Tao Ru is alone, with no money nor friend.

"Why is that your business?" She walks faster away from him.

"You left the sect, didn't you?" He asks carefully, already knowing the answer.

Tao Ru stops. He is right, also she doesn't have any money nor places to go. She is alone in this foreign outside world.

A sudden big storm startle her. At the next second, a lightning strikes a tall tree in front of them. The sky is as gloomy as her mind, dark and cold. She looks at the sky, pinching her eyes slightly.

"It's going to rain soon, follow me."

"I don't want to."

As she says that a big heavy rain pours on them.

Jing knows that Tao Ru hates him, but he also knows that she is lost.

"You are going to get sick." He warns her, the rain pours harder and all of her clothes are already wet, that is the only clothes she has.

"Why do you even care?!" Her mind is not at peace, she is in furry, and her hair is soaking wet .

"Because you are my soulmate. And I don't want my soulmate to get sick!" He knows that she's stubborn, so he reaches for her hand to lead her.

She doesn't know what to feel, it's just that she never imagine this will ever happen in her life. Her, Li Tao Ru is holding hands with her greatest enemy. And he said that he wants to protect her?

Tao Ru just follows him in confusion. They walk pass the heavy rain and finally arrive at a house.

The house is big but simple. Tao Ru looks around, it is not an abandoned house.

"Whose place is this?"

The wood furniture looks neat and made with high quality craftsmanship.

"Mine." Jing answers casually as he takes off his wet outerwear.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" She is triggered.

"Taking off my wet robe." He quickly change to fresh and clean dark blue robe and walk closer to Tao Ru.

"Here, go change your clothes." He handed her a pair of man's hanfu. "I don't have any woman clothes here, but at least you won't be wet."

"Huh?" She doesn't feel comfortable changing her clothes in front of him, even though he practically already seen every inch of her.

"Go straight and turn left at the end." He points.

"What?"

"The room."

"Oooh.. o-okay."  She feels weird and awkward because he is so nice to her.

She quickly change her wet hanfu to his robe. The oversized robe hugs her small body.