19- Wedding Day

"Let's fight. For the last time."

Tao Ru knows that she will need to stop fighting using Tu Gu Sect's sword and kungfu, because she is not part of it anymore. But she just wants to do it one last time.

"Let's not make it our last." He smiles, giving her the permission to keep on pursuing her martial arts.

Her eyes glows blue, an honest smile blooms on her face like a flower on a spring day.

_

The sky is still dark when Tao Ru is woken up by Jing's voice.

Today is their wedding day.

A beautiful grand red hanfu face her, the details are meticulously made, beautiful peacock embroidery is made by gold thread. The stitches are neat in every way.

Tao Ru touches the beautiful art in front of her, the silk material is made with the best quality, she has never seen anything like that.

"Good morning young lady, may I enter?"

"Yes."

A woman enters the room with beautiful hairpins and gold jewelries on her hands.

"I will help you wear the wedding attire."

"Hm."

It is a struggle wearing the complicated clothes. Her head feels heavy because of updo hairstyle that the woman did on her.

"You are ready." The woman smiles at her and helps her to stand. She then place a red veil on top of her head.

Tao Ru nods understand. Her body feels sore because she had to wake up early and also her fight with Jing yesterday.

"The cart is ready, lady Li."

"Where are we going?"

"The Huang Ma Clan's manor."

She closes her yes for a moment, praying to the Moon God. She takes a deep breath as she steps into the cart. People are surrounding the cart, everyone wears their best outfit, the servants carry some kind of offerings, and the guards are ready if anything bad happens.

Tao Ru sits inside the cart, starring blankly at the siluette of the outside world. Today, her, Li Tao Ru will get married. She is going to go to her enemy base without any protection. Her sword is in the box hidden under her bed in the house. She gulps. Very nervous.

The crowds are cheering when her cart passes the market. People are throwing flowers to her direction and wishes her happy marriage with Huang Ma Jing. There are even people who cries happy tears as she passes by.

The time flies so fast, now they are already in front of the mansion.

"Lady Li, we have arrived."

Tao Ru sees the mansion for the first time. This is the famous Huang Ma Mansion. The door is standing tall and grand in front of her. The old wood is carved skillfully making beautiful strong pillars. Even if someone doesn't understand class, they can feel the affluence radiating from the mansion walls.

"So this is the famous Huang Ma Manor." Li Tao Ru admires the design of the mansion.

She looks pass her veil and sees hundreds of Huang Ma Clan's disciples standing in order of their ranks. She can recognize some of them who stand in front row. She clenches her fist as she steps forward and enters the manor.

Tao Ru can taste her own fear, the beautifully arranged peonies decorations doesn't get her attention. But the higher ranks disciples do. All of them are here. Surrounding her. The smell of fresh spring air and calming incense changes when she walks in.

Jing is standing on the center stage, waiting for her to reach there. Everyone is quiet as the ceremony begins. Tao Ru makes her way through the aisle, slowly, but surely.

The walk is painful, it is dead silence. Tao Ru can hears her own heart beating uncontrollably. The eyes starring at her makes her uneasy. She looks at Jing, and then at her self the memories is playing so vividly inside her head. Without her knowing, she is already standing in front of Jing.

They finished the ceremony quickly, just like what Jing requested. They then continue the procession with a huge party.

Tao Ru is sitting on the grand chair next to Jing on the stage, everyone seems to enjoy themself with nice wine and delicious food.

"Are you bored?" Jing peeks inside Tao Ru's veil.

"No, no.. I'm okay." She doesn't want to spoil the mood.

Flexible dancers enters the center stage, their hot pink hanfu is skintight. Their moves are choreographed skillfully, they perform perfectly and everyone seems to enjoy it.

Tao Ru sips her wine carefully, trying to loosen herself.

She just realized how rich Huang Ma Clan really is. Compared to her sect, the scale of the banquet might be ten times bigger. The flower decorations are breathtaking, huge blush peonies all over the mansion, even the red paper decorations seems to be high quality.

"Let's toast for our newly wed couple!" A guy stands and raises his cup, followed by everyone else.

"TOAST!" Everyone cheers and party happily.

"Tao Ru let's go." Jing holds her hand and signals her to follow him.

"Where are we going?" They finally out of the main celebration area, walking towards the quiet pavilion.

"You don't like party, do you?" He smiles at her, raising his eyebrows.

"Actually, we don't have party in Tu Gu Sect. This is my first time." Tao Ru finds it hard to see with the red wedding veil on her head so she just takes it off since nobody is there.

Jing stares at her in confusion. His expression is weird, starring at her.

"Is everything okay?" Now he is making Tao Ru confused.

"T-that.. w-why do you take it off?"

"I can't see." She answers honestly. Her innocent face is starring back at Jing. "Why?"

"I mean- you are not supposed to do that here." Jing looks around to make sure no one is there.

The veil is supposed to be opened by the groom on the wedding bed, and to signify they are ready to consummate the marriage.

"Oh?" Tao Ru has no idea about wedding rules, since this is the only wedding she has seen.

"Here, I'll help you put it back."

"Why do I need to put it back?" She doesn't want to.

"Tao Ru, you won't like it if you know what opening your veil means." He adjusts the veil on her head, Jing just doesn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

"I want to know.." she pouts,"tell me."

"Let's go home, I'll tell you later."