15- A Lovers' First Fight

Jing serves the roasted duck and chicken noodles for everyone. He helps Tao Ru to get her bowl and then sits next to her. They started to eat deliciously.

"When are you guys getting married?" The mother asks a very basic question.

Tao Ru chokes on her noodle.

"After this week would be a good option. On the twentieth day of spring." The mother suggest a good date to get married.

"Yeah, that's sounds good. The faster the better." Wei also gives her piece of mind.

"We haven't decided yet." Jing quickly shut them off.

"Oh, why not? Don't make her wait too long." The mother feels sorry for Tao Ru.

After eating, Wei and her mother left after Jing promised that they will talk about the marriage and decide as soon as possible.
_
Tao Ru sits alone on the corner of the bed. She is holding her beloved friend, the sword.

"It feels so weird." She says.

She tries to do her usual practice with the sword.

"It's been a long time." She smiles.

She is a magnificent swordsman and the world knows it. Her movement is fast yet strong. She strikes the thin air and make an 8 shape. Shen then turns around skillfully and change her hand. She sees Jing at the corner of her eyes and immediately stops her routine.

"Did I disturb you?" He asks genuinely.

"Um, no, I was just.." she quickly hides her sword behind her back.

Jing takes his sword and points it at her.

"Spar?" He raises his eyebrows asking.

Tao Ru smirks and clanks her sword to his, agreeing with his request.

They both walk outside and find a perfect sparring spot next to the river. It is a big ground surrounded by tall trees.

"Ready?" She asks confidently.

"After you miss." He smiles and nods.

"Then I won't be excusing myself." She moves forward swiftly, striking his torso.

Jing quickly books her attack and does a spin counter attack. Their swords clanks and release a huge energy. He goes for a low attack and Tao Ru jumps effortlessly to the nearby tree. Jing then follows her and gets ready for her next attack.

"What do I get if I win?" She asks.

"I will grant one of your wish."

"What if you win?"

"I'll marry you." He declares confidently.

"You take yourself way too seriously, mister." She moves forward on the air, using her inner power to redirect the wind to him.

The man made wind strikes Jing harshly. His body falls from the tall tree, but he still manages to land on his two feet.

"You are very strong." He comments. This is the first time he fight her in ages, so he truly shocked of her power.

"Won't be a fighter of the century if I'm not." She smirks proudly.

He gathers his energy grips his sword stronger. His eyes turns blue as he uses his qi. He jumps and focusing his power to the ground under him, then he twirls down in quick motion back down. The grounds starts shaking and a gap is visible from the point of his sword.

Tao Ru jumps back to the ground as the tree starts shaking vigorously. She take a a deep breath to access her inner power, her eyes glows blue as she makes a circular wind bomb in front of her. Her hair flows as she concentrated more power. She then pushes it to his direction.

Jing manages to move away in time, but his chest is getting painful because of his excessive energy consumption. He hold his chest, as he flies to the nearest tree. Tao Ru uses her trainings to strikes him again. Their swords clanks and finally they are both in cross position, anyone who has stronger qi will take down the other. Their eyes shine brighter, gathering energy from the surrounding. Both of them pushes forward.

Jing can feel that he is losing. His chest bleeds and his energy drains rapidly. He takes a deep breath and forces himself to the limit.

Suddenly Tao Ru turns around gracefully and pulls back her sword. She drops her sword intentionally in front of him. But Jing only stares at her confused. Tao Ru smiles at him shortly and takes her swords from the ground to put it back, and then she walks away.

Jing still froze in his ready position, is it really just happened. He looks at her entering the house when he realized. His smiles grows in his face as he runs to her.

Jing takes her hand to stop her. And then kisses the hand. He couldn't hide his true happiness.

Tao Ru just agreed to marry him. She didn't say it explicitly, but she knows what's she is implementing by pretending to lose.

"Tao Ru, I-" Jing is speechless.

"Hm?"

"I.. um.. "

"Wait, your chest is bleeding."

"Bleeding out if love." He says cheesily.

"No, like literally."

Jing looks down at his chest and he completely forgot.

"Um, yeah apparently." He says awkwardly.

Tao Ru helps him to put on medicine, It's seems painful but Jing is all smiles.

"I must be the luckiest person on earth." He mumbles when he sees her helping him.

"What?" she looks at him with her cute big eyes.

"Tao Ru, I am the luckiest person on earth!" He taps her head gently.

"Is that so?" She finished with the medicine and puts it back to the drawer.

"Yeah, life can't get any better than this." He follows her and touches her shoulder from behind.

"Maybe it can." She says it mysteriously.

"I don't think so." He brushes her hair off her face, admiring her face. She is beautiful with delicate features, her eyes are as dark as the night sky, her rosy cheeks and her plump lips is in the perfect shade of red. A big scar across her face doesn't do any harm to her look.

"You are so beautiful." He says unconsciously. His eyes is busy admiring her.

"Huang Ma Jing." She calls him formally.

"Yes?"

He doesn't understand why she is suddenly seems nervous.

"I am pregnant."

Wooow.. Thank you for reading guys!

Please share this story to your friends ❤️ Have a nice day and see you on Wednesday! 😊